Caught In The Middle...!?

Just wondering.

Lots of confusion regarding the new visa regulations.

I live here with my family, happily retired, BUT not old enough to apply for a retirement visa.

NOT working or running any kind of business...

Can therefore not apply for a working visa.

Since my wife and daughter are not Thai, I cannot apply for a Non-Immigrant visa either.

I just want to live a simple and as much as possible a problem free life.

So, my question is therefore - Can I continue my "Problem free" lifestyle after the new visa rules start to apply?

Also would like to point out that we all got triple entry "Tourist Visas" 60+30 days x 3, already issued since about a month ago.

What is next?

Should we start packing our bags?

Tony

Seems as though you can still get multi-entry tourist visas, but only from outside the region - try your home country.

Some consulates are very easy going on giving multi entry non-imm O visas (Hull for UK nationals springs to mind).

But yes you might end up having to move, at least until you're 50. Not many countries allow non-nationals to just live in their country, Thailand has been very friendly so far.

Yes, Tld has been very friendly so far. It was one of the smarter diplomatic moves to encourage people such as yourself to make the move. And a big reason you chose to live here is that your friends and family could come a visit and stay indefinatly, as long as they abide by the laws (ie-have a visa). This policy has prevailed as goverments have fallen because it is good for the economy. The issue now is a very wealthy thai PM is definatly not thinking ahead, because he doesn't care for the potential backlash, that willl effect working class thais. This is an irresponsible policy. If it really is aimed at weeding out scumbags (or simply travellers who don't stay 5 star) he could attempt to fix corruption within the departments involved. Not likely since he has gotton away with taking the piss out of poor thai folk for 2 terms already. He doesn't have a mandate to make such important decisions. We know that many western countries don't allow you to stay more than 90 days, but Thailand has allowed us to because FARANG MEAN MONEY. It is a massive and important part of modern Thailand.

Just wondering.

Lots of confusion regarding the new visa regulations.

I live here with my family, happily retired, BUT not old enough to apply for a retirement visa.

NOT working or running any kind of business...

Can therefore not apply for a working visa.

Since my wife and daughter are not Thai, I cannot apply for a Non-Immigrant visa either.

I just want to live a simple and as much as possible a problem free life.

So, my question is therefore - Can I continue my "Problem free" lifestyle after the new visa rules start to apply?

Also would like to point out that we all got triple entry "Tourist Visas" 60+30 days x 3, already issued since about a month ago.

What is next?

Should we start packing our bags?

Tony

You will always have a problem free lifestyle here, don't worry, just keep the Visa's upto date.

Don't listen to 30% of the idiots here, they are the scum this is aimed at :o

Sol