Foreigners to have lifelong 'right to use' property in Indonesia

webfact

Foreigners to have lifelong “right to use” property in Indonesia

29-6-2558-9-54-02-wpcf_728x413.jpg

JAKARTA: -- Foreigners living in Indonesia will be able to secure the “right to use” property in the country for as long as they live under a newly planned state policy, The Jakarta Globe reported, citing a minister.

Minister for Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning Ferry Mursyidan Baldan said last week his office had been tasked with drafting a new regulation on the matter.

The regulation will include details on ownership periods, requirements, and rights and obligations of expatriates who will be granted the right to purchase and own property in Indonesia, he said.

However, foreigners would only be allowed to own luxury apartments; they are still prohibited from purchasing landed property or low-cost apartment units.

Foreigners also will be only entitled to “hak pakai,” or the Right of Use; not “hak milik,” the highest form of ownership in Indonesia, or Freehold. The Right of Use is permanent and will not have to be renewed every 25 years as specified in the current regulations.

Property developers have welcomed the plan. Rudy Margono, president director of private developer Gapura Prima said the new policy could boost property growth by 20 percent.

Property observers like Ali Tranghanda, however, expressed concerns that the regulation would only trigger a property bubble if not handled carefully, pointing out the absence of an instrument to control land prices in Indonesia.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/foreigners-to-have-lifelong-right-to-use-property-in-indonesia

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-29

"However, foreigners would only be allowed to own luxury apartments; they are still prohibited from purchasing landed property or low-cost apartment units."

So currently, foreigners cannot own anything in Indonesia? And people complain about Thailand....

"However, foreigners would only be allowed to own luxury apartments; they are still prohibited from purchasing landed property or low-cost apartment units."

So currently, foreigners cannot own anything in Indonesia? And people complain about Thailand....

I never complained about Thailand, because although its easy to stay here you cant own land. For me its easy to own land in a country like the US but its difficult to get long term access.

Its however changing, Vietnam has now got 50 year leases for foreigners that can be renewed and now Indo is making a move.

I never complained about Thailand, because although its easy to stay here you cant own land. For me its easy to own land in a country like the US but its difficult to get long term access.

Its however changing, Vietnam has now got 50 year leases for foreigners that can be renewed and now Indo is making a move.

A draft decree last month plans to raise that to 100 years and allow a foreigner with proper visa and married to a Viet to have freehold tenure. The decree also widens the type or properties from just apartments to villas and townhouses.

"Minister for Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning Ferry Mursyidan Baldan said last week his office had been tasked with drafting a new regulation on the matter".

Fantastic name ..quite difficult to decide where the job title stops and the name begins, specially if they are resposible for the Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning of Ferries

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Is it me ... or ... is the world getting more and more stupid?

I've learned to live life on life's terms.

The world revolves around the sun and not around me. Stupid or not, I am just a temporary passenger trying not to add my profile to such a label.