Songthaew

northernjohn

I was out and about this morning.

I noticed a Songthaew going by with a large sign on the side that said 20 or 30 baht.

I have noticed that lately they are asking for more money more often than they used to. Seems to me like it is about time they raised their prices as they are the only ones who haven't in the last four years. I have no problem with those prices.

When ten baht for a Songthaew ride becomes a problem I will be in really big trouble.

but that's a big increase for locals. Tends to be the less well off that use them. No m/c or car.

i agree especially when allot of Thai's are still only getting paid 150-200 baht a day not the 300B minimum wage they are suppose to be getting. So a trip to work and a home at 30 baht each is 30-40% of their daily income.

but that's a big increase for locals. Tends to be the less well off that use them. No m/c or car.

It tends to be the M/C riders, who have rods and pins in their legs, too. If you pick a good location; you can do fine without,car or M/C. Walk 15 minutes to go to a bar, or drive 10 and spend another 10 finding an iffy parking space...then there are the roadblocks on the way home. If you must live in the exurbs (with the "less well off") then being on a Songtaew route actually adds a good bit of value to your property. Have you learned that yet in the 2+ years you've been trying to sell your house, Mr. Smith?

It tends to be the M/C riders, who have rods and pins in their legs, too. If you pick a good location; you can do fine without,car or M/C. Walk 15 minutes to go to a bar, or drive 10 and spend another 10 finding an iffy parking space...then there are the roadblocks on the way home. If you must live in the exurbs (with the "less well off") then being on a Songtaew route actually adds a good bit of value to your property. Have you learned that yet in the 2+ years you've been trying to sell your house, Mr. Smith?

My house isn't for sale coffee1.gif

Archived