Enquiry into police who handles actress Anna Reese' fatal police car smash

webfact

I'm not always able to follow Thai law and not so much because it's complicated but rather it's oh so ' flexible ' in application.

However in the criminal jurisdictions I am familiar with the police action, or rather inaction, at the scene would, at the very least, be regarded as a very serious neglect of duty. However criminal charges, such as Perverting The Course Of Justice, would be likely if the police officers concerned had deliberately failed to breath test her and allowed her to go because of who she is or other ' considerations '.

Even if she is charged with Causing Death by Reckless Driving it's helpful to have any suggestion of driving whilst over the limit out of the way.

I understand from earlier posts that a big bike was involved in the crash, apparently swerving in front of the car.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not always able to follow Thai law and not so much because it's complicated but rather it's oh so ' flexible ' in application.

However in the criminal jurisdictions I am familiar with the police action, or rather inaction, at the scene would, at the very least, be regarded as a very serious neglect of duty. However criminal charges, such as Perverting The Course Of Justice, would be likely if the police officers concerned had deliberately failed to breath test her and allowed her to go because of who she is or other ' considerations '.

Even if she is charged with Causing Death by Reckless Driving it's helpful to have any suggestion of driving whilst over the limit out of the way.

I understand from earlier posts that a big bike was involved in the crash, apparently swerving in front of the car and slowing down causing her lose control. Having left the scene of the crash why did she return?

The relatives should be charged also for removing the woman form the scene of an accident to couch her and avoid a alcohol / blood test. Basically it's hit and run.

She will get community service with a fine.

The relatives should be charged also for removing the woman form the scene of an accident to couch her and avoid a alcohol / blood test. Basically it's hit and run.

She will get community service with a fine.

Community service. laugh.png

Recently arrived, are you?

I understand from earlier posts that a big bike was involved in the crash, apparently swerving in front of the car and slowing down causing her lose control. Having left the scene of the crash why did she return?

Apparently there are two versions that incorporate the motorcycle, that provided by the offender, which is what you have stated, the other by a witness, who alleges that it appeared they were racing prior to the crash. Given what she has been charged with, Reckless Driving causing death and leaving the scene of an accident (Thai laws) it would appear that the police have placed more emphasis on the witnesses version than what she alleges. Can't answer the last question but I'm sure someone here will.

• 2 weeks later...