Moip-mobile Over Internet Protocol

whooliggen

High,

Probably old news for most of you, but I was unaware of this capability until yesterday.

Do a google for "connectmeanywhere" and follow the yellow brick road. No good for us to us use here in Thailand yet unfortunately, but anyone in the UK, USA & Canada (OZ coming soon), can call anywhere in the world from their mobile at prices close to skype rates. Good then for those of us here with friends, lovers and family that still remember who we are and want to give us a bell from time to time when they're on the move.

The process circumvents your telecoms provider, so no doubt this will open up a big can of worms as VOIP is currently doing for the legacy telecoms (BT, TOT etc). But if you care more about your own pocket than that of your telecom providers bank balance, then I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it if I were you :D

Hope it works for you!

All the best,

W. :o

Nothing new.

I've been calling Thailand from my mobile for around 4p per minute (landline 1-3p) for a few years now. Can also use the free minutes on my mobile package to call for free from my mobile. And unlike the service you mention I didn't have to register anywhere.

totster :o