NCPO stands firm on jailed students

webfact

"Winthai said the authorities tried to enforce the law fairly." cheesy.gifblink.png

Ahhh yes. So a gathering of more than 5 people for something POLITICAL is illegal now and punishable my court marshal.

So that's why the army arrested people protesting against coal mining in the South the other day.

That's why the army arrested labor groups protesting in Bangkok for a minim wage increase.

That's why the army arrested the 'monk' Buddha Isara for protesting about Dhammayo.

That's why the army arrested protesters outside of the American embassy for their criticisms of a few things here.

Oh no wait...Hang on a second, they actually enforce this law completely selectively! I have actually said this on a fair few threads over the last few days (I am starting to feel like a broken record player!). I suppose it's because I see the junta cheer leaders repeatedly ignoring it and trotting out the old "they broke the law, Thaksin plaid them, blaa blaa bla"

Let's assume for a second (but we are still waiting for this super definite evidence the junta has) that Thaksin DID pay them, how does that excuse the blatantly myopic enforcement of this law?

to your point, in one article from almost exactly one year ago,

“No chaotic incidents happened. There was only a gesture of anger about America’s interfering in Thailand’s internal affairs, and a demand for the Americans to stop such behaviour,” Pol.Maj.Gen. Amnuay said to reporters after Mr. Thep left the scene. “This man’s actions do not count as a violation of the legal ban on political protests, because it was merely an expression of anger.”

and this...

Deputy National Police Chief Somyot Phumphanmuang is to summon the student activists who ate “anti-coup sandwiches” in front of the US Embassy on Tuesday, and send them to the military for “attitude adjustment,” Naewna has reported.

and this...

Thai police arrested and charged a woman protester for showing support for the US in front of the US Embassy in Bangkok on 4 July, Independence Day.

The police charged Chaowanat Musikabhumi, aka “Nong,” with defying the coup makers’ order banning political assemblies. She is now detained at the Crime Suppressiong Division.

When she was interrogated by the military and security officers at the Thai Army Club, the military officers told her that by holding a placard reading “Long Live USA Day,” she may have violated Article 112 of the Criminal Code or the lèse majesté law that the placard deemed a parody of “Long Live the King.”

From here

I would add that the law (directive) is not only selectively applied, but it is a violation of human rights - even if it were to be applied equally...

"Winthai said the authorities tried to enforce the law fairly." cheesy.gifblink.png

Ahhh yes. So a gathering of more than 5 people for something POLITICAL is illegal now and punishable my court marshal.

So that's why the army arrested people protesting against coal mining in the South the other day.

That's why the army arrested labor groups protesting in Bangkok for a minim wage increase.

That's why the army arrested the 'monk' Buddha Isara for protesting about Dhammayo.

That's why the army arrested protesters outside of the American embassy for their criticisms of a few things here.

Oh no wait...Hang on a second, they actually enforce this law completely selectively! I have actually said this on a fair few threads over the last few days (I am starting to feel like a broken record player!). I suppose it's because I see the junta cheer leaders repeatedly ignoring it and trotting out the old "they broke the law, Thaksin plaid them, blaa blaa bla"

Let's assume for a second (but we are still waiting for this super definite evidence the junta has) that Thaksin DID pay them, how does that excuse the blatantly myopic enforcement of this law?

to your point, in one article from almost exactly one year ago,

“No chaotic incidents happened. There was only a gesture of anger about America’s interfering in Thailand’s internal affairs, and a demand for the Americans to stop such behaviour,” Pol.Maj.Gen. Amnuay said to reporters after Mr. Thep left the scene. “This man’s actions do not count as a violation of the legal ban on political protests, because it was merely an expression of anger.”

and this...

Deputy National Police Chief Somyot Phumphanmuang is to summon the student activists who ate “anti-coup sandwiches” in front of the US Embassy on Tuesday, and send them to the military for “attitude adjustment,” Naewna has reported.

and this...

Thai police arrested and charged a woman protester for showing support for the US in front of the US Embassy in Bangkok on 4 July, Independence Day.

The police charged Chaowanat Musikabhumi, aka “Nong,” with defying the coup makers’ order banning political assemblies. She is now detained at the Crime Suppressiong Division.

When she was interrogated by the military and security officers at the Thai Army Club, the military officers told her that by holding a placard reading “Long Live USA Day,” she may have violated Article 112 of the Criminal Code or the lèse majesté law that the placard deemed a parody of “Long Live the King.”

From here

I would add that the law (directive) is not only selectively applied, but it is a violation of human rights - even if it were to be applied equally...

Good work tbthailand. So you can express anger as long as it's the juntas brand of anger. Oh and don't ever have any signs of 'long live the' cos you might be commiting LM.

Junta squad. Any of you care to say this is right? Your silence is deafening.