best place to renew US visa on arrival

Not sure what you are asking about.

Do you mean you want to renew a 30 day visa exempt entry you got on entry to Thailand? You cannot renew one of them.

You can extend a visa exempt entry for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

There is no 30 day visa on arrival for any nationality. You get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You would have to pay $30 for a Cambodia visa on arrival plus your transport costs to do a border hop for a new entry at Poipet.

You can get buses to Aranyaprathet from the eastern bus terminal in Bangkok.. You can also go by train to there.

thanks what is the cheapest 3month or 6month visa? I could get a teaching job here in English or music or maybe mathematics

Tourist visa single entry 1,000 Bt, 2 entries 2,000, plus travel and visa to Laos.

Neither will allow you to work legally.

• Like 1

You have to go to an embassy or consulate to get a visa.

A single entry tourist visa that will give you a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days costs 1000 baht A 2 entry tourist visa you can get in Laos would give you almost 6 months of total stay.would cost 2000 baht.

• Like 1

There is no one month visa. You can do a border crossing re-enter and get a 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a visa on arrival) at any border. You many only be able to this once.

If you plan on staying longer you should go out for the 2 entry tourist visa. After getting the visa you would enter the country and get a 60 day entry and then you apply for a 30 day extension at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht then after that 90 days you would have to leave the country and then re-enter to use the 2nd entry then do 60 + 30 again.

• Like 1

It says it expires July 8 and visa class (not clear maybe it says "Wm"?). I'm here for medical reasons and interested in getting the 3 month-6month visa. I could apply for a teaching job here but that might take a while....

Edited by professor21

You have to leave the country on or before the 8th. The visa class is none and whatever they scribble in the space means a visa waver or exempt.

If you want more time before going out for a tourist visa the 30 day extension is a good option.

You arrive in Nong Khai early in the morning on the 8th depart the country get the Lao visa on arrival that will cost $35 or 1500 baht and then go to to the consular section of the Embassy in Vientiane and apply for a 2 entry tourist visa. Then pick it up the next afternoon. Then enter Thailand using your first entry of the visa.

thanks very much Joe! so I must leave for Vientianne tomorrow or go to immigration and pay 1900bht (ugh) for a 30 day tourist visa? can I get a visa or stay with a medical certificate? do I have to go to immigration in the morning? thanks, my lungs are all damaged, don't have any strength left.

Edited by professor21

You must either leave the country on/before the 8thor apply and pay for an extension of stay (it is not a visa ).

An extension of stay based on medical grounds is possible but usually only for those who are hospitalised and who, by definition, are unable to travel. The cost of such an extension is 1900 Bht

Failure to either leave or secure an extension of stay will result in overstay which costs 500 Bht/day.

Edited by nowretired

what is the process and documents for that? I can get a certificate from my doctor. so terribly crippled somehow teaching in Indonesia destroyed my lungs and maybe brain

As explained above, you're eligible for a 30 days extension, and this time Immigration would not consider another reason.

Why couldn't the OP get a visa through the hospital where he is receiving treatment ?

Or is that route only open to patients that are confined to the hospital and can't get to Immigration on their own !

In the clause for an extension for medical reason one of requirements is that the supporting documents state that the person applying is unable to travel.

• Like 1

it sounds like it's difficult to get this medical extension and they are going to charge me even if they grant it?

by the way so the maximum visa stay I can get without a job here is 6 months from Vietienne and the border hops only grant 15 days?

if I wanted to do medical treatment here for 6 months I'd need to find a job like in teaching math, music or english?

Edited by professor21

it sounds like it's difficult to get this medical extension and they are going to charge me even if they grant it?

by the way so the maximum visa stay I can get without a job here is 6 months from Vietienne and the border hops only grant 15 days?

As explained above currently you're not eligible for a medical extension because you're eligible for a 30 days extension first.

All extension are charged Bt 1,900 no exceptions.

If you are from a G7 country you receive 30 days visa exempt at a land border.