17 year old laborer seriously injured at Central Festival Pattaya Beach

webfact

17 year old laborer seriously injured at Central Festival Pattaya Beach

central-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday night a 17 year old boy, who was helping his Mother and Father renovate a restaurant at Central Festival Pattaya Beach, suffered an electric shot and fell to the ground and required CPR at the scene before being rushed to hospital.

The incident occurred at the site of Zico’s Brazilian Restaurant, which closed in early 2015. Khun Tawatchai was working on scaffolding inside the venue when he suffered an electric shock and fell 2 meters to the floor.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/202158/17-year-old-laborer-seriously-injured-at-central-festival-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-03

Hope the kid is okay.

Depends on what lucky tattoos he has.

Usually they go for the ones that stop bullets and knife wounds, they hardly ever get the ones that protect from electricity. :(

220V is used everywhere on sites in Thailand.This should be transformed down to 110V - much less chance of death by electrocution. Also lack of earthing is a major problem in Thailand.

Really ?

Did you know it is the current that kills and not the voltage?

Edited by Anthony5

at my condo we have a seating area, by the pool, the water overflows into this area which has floodlighting (probably mains power) they have put red tape around the area, has been like this for months, (yeah that will fix it) i only learnt of this by asking my agent, probably going to wait until some poor sod gets electrocuted first.