Seven drug traffickers killed in clash with soldiers in Chiang Rai

webfact

was the order for them to stop given immediately....or were they dead by then

When it comes to drug traffickers, does it really matter?

I agree with you but it would be nice to know that they really were drug smugglers ( you know, something silly like proof ) and not just poor peasants transporting their produce.

The packs of heroin and seized rifles aren't enough?

after they were killed, they couldn't have known that for sure beforehand.

I agree with you but it would be nice to know that they really were drug smugglers ( you know, something silly like proof ) and not just poor peasants transporting their produce.
"Order was given out for the drug traffickers to stop but the armed guards opened fire" .... I know if someone opens fire on me, as the traffickers armed guards did to the soldiers, I'd assume a. they had something to hide, and b. they were trying to kill me, and in those circumstances, I'd be shooting first and asking questions later!

Yes, that's the official version, no one can dispute that now.

they had weapons, they fired on the military patrol. doesn't matter what they were doing. end of story

It would be nice to know lots of things. this wasn't about nice. THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE.

Forgive us Father we know not what we do.

RIP

Edited by nithisa78

"Order was given out for the drug traffickers to stop but the armed guards opened fire" .... I know if someone opens fire on me, as the traffickers armed guards did to the soldiers, I'd assume a. they had something to hide, and b. they were trying to kill me, and in those circumstances, I'd be shooting first and asking questions later!

So your starting position is that a pack of homicidal maniacs (aka soldiers) killed some poor innocent Burmese villagers (armed for self-protection from homicidal maniacs) on their way to market, and it was only pure luck that they were found to be trafficking heroin?

So your starting position is that a pack of homicidal maniacs (aka soldiers) killed some poor innocent Burmese villagers (armed for self-protection from homicidal maniacs) on their way to market, and it was only pure luck that they were found to be trafficking heroin?

No, they had a tip off and were fairly certain just as i am fairly certain that they probably opened fire immediately they caught sight of them with no warning, i'm not saying they didn't get what they deserved but supposing they were wrong. I saw a video on the net some years ago of the slaughter, one cant call it anything else, of drug smugglers in the jungle, even when they ran to the car and sat in it without driving off, to me a sign of surrender, they continued firing until the car looked like Swiss cheese. Going for a hike in the jungle with a backpack could turn out deadly for an innocent person. Conjecture on my part but i think the army and the police here are trigger happy amateurs.

No, they had a tip off and were fairly certain just as i am fairly certain that they probably opened fire immediately they caught sight of them with no warning, i'm not saying they didn't get what they deserved but supposing they were wrong. I saw a video on the net some years ago of the slaughter, one cant call it anything else, of drug smugglers in the jungle, even when they ran to the car and sat in it without driving off, to me a sign of surrender, they continued firing until the car looked like Swiss cheese. Going for a hike in the jungle with a backpack could turn out deadly for an innocent person. Conjecture on my part but i think the army and the police here are trigger happy amateurs.

We can only comment on what the OP stated, and that was that the traffickers guards opened fire first. We can speculate all we like and come up with a hundred different possible scenarios, but the soldiers did exactly the right thing, based on the OP.

I can only suggest that going for a hike in the jungle with a backpack near an international border renown for drug smugglers might be a very stupid thing to do.

Right up there with tap-dancing in a minefield. Up to you.