Prostitution: Thailand's worst kept secret

webfact

"Women cant admit they do it, its a loss of their dignity.

Can't say that has been my experience. I remember when I first came to Thailand how much I was intrigued about how "ladies of the night" were being treated by other Thai people..... Like, when a foreigner would bring a lady of this occupation into a restaurant, I'd wait to see what the reaction of the waitress would be....would she look down her nose at her....same when a similar lady would come into the bank for something, I wondered how the bank staff would treat her....to my delight they were (are) treated with the greatest respect, almost with envy in fact, positively with envy in a lot of cases.

My thinking was brainwashed by the warped thinking of the West.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS in the rest of the world, the pay now proposition is cheaper than the pay later one. It's just that in T-Land lot's more gals are ready to take the pay now option if they're not already being taken care of. After all, working a real job is pretty harsh and they're simply honest, they like getting laid.

As I now live in USA, easy to see since it's all online now, everyone is happier, easy to find and no public repurcussions.

This is what it is.

Happy Bangin

Why is the advert at the top right of this thread from Banggood.com? Are our administrators being cheeky?

The adverts change depending on the viewers' browsing history as determined by the cookies they've picked up. consequently the ad you are seeing is reflective of your browsing history not the Administrators of TV - so with that in mind do they Bang Good?

Majority of these girls come from Issan, They work this for help their poor parent from Issan.... But Issan is not the PTP/Red Stronghold ?

It's also home to the HIV F strain (unique to Thailand). Buckle up boys ...

...of course...always some explanation...someone else's fault.....

Yep, my wife is adamant that Farang cause prostitution in her country - the old "if they didn't come to my country it wouldn't happen" line.

Trying to convince her otherwise is like speaking to a brick wall. And pointing out that it doesn't happen in Malaysia can be life threatening. tongue.png

...of course...always some explanation...someone else's fault.....

Yep, my wife is adamant that Farang cause prostitution in her country - the old "if they didn't come to my country it wouldn't happen" line.

Trying to convince her otherwise is like speaking to a brick wall. And pointing out that it doesn't happen in Malaysia can be life threatening. tongue.png

It doesn't happen in Malaysia?

Hilarious.

Without prostitution Thailand would easily lose 50% of Tourists.

People who deny this are just liars and/or ignorant.

But it's all about appearances and saving face.

BULLSHIT

what about the millions of Chinese/Korean tourist, the thousands an thousands of families.?

i'd say at most 15% to say 50% ur out of ur head on something

BULLSHIT

what about the millions of Chinese/Korean tourist, the thousands an thousands of families.?

It would be nice to see either of you support your wild opinions with facts.

That's a bold statement. Can you point us to any reliable sources to confirm this "fact"?

If it were a representative sample of the majority of TV members I believe it would be closer to 99%. Thankfully, it's not.

One offensive post has been removed from this thread.

From the Forum Rules:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I think that is a number pulled out of a hat and the result of a purely personal perspective. (oooo, whatagivaway!)

The article however is not really about that.....the article suggests that if Thailand were to loose its sex tourists it would hardly make a dent in the country's sex industry.

Sorry, I thought you meant 50% of losers.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to define "losers"?

People who deny this either work for the TAT or are members of the elite morality weight watchers at the Culture Watch Office of the Culture Ministry. And don't forget the hypocrites who fight against condom vending machines at schools and universities, and all those who reproduce via Thainess...

What???? Prostitution in thailand???

Never!!!

Why would such Hansum men need to pay for it!

Im sure the ladies love beer guts, bad bodyodour,and deulsional alcoholics doublr their age

And im sure the years of experience and success they have at home with the ladies make them experts ;)

Can't hear this idiotic statement "the Americans brought prostitution to Thailand" anymore. It was and always will be Thai custom that whenever there is a business meeting, after comes dinner and then a trip to the next local whore house. You can blame the yanks for a lot of things, but honoring them for actually having brought semething "productive" into another country would be so wrong smile.png

Edited by MockingJay

BULLSHIT

It would be nice to see either of you support your wild opinions with facts.

Exactly, I can remember not too long ago when seeing a farang woman in Thailand was a novelty.

in this report by the Kinsey Institute, “90% of the [Thai] male participants had had sex with a prostitute and 74% had lost their virginity with a female sex worker.”

3/4 of participants lost their virginity to a prostitute? That seems very high to me, although I couldn't find any more information about the study's participants that might explain it better.

Nice to see, that the topic brings out the best in all of TV's finest!

The ones who scold Isan in general and the ones, who scold the "customers" as all being fat, beer bellied, smelly losers!

Isn't living on a black & white world just wonderful?coffee1.gif

Majority of these girls come from Issan, They work this for help their poor parent from Issan.... But Issan is not the PTP/Red Stronghold ?

It's also home to the HIV F strain (unique to Thailand). Buckle up boys ...

one of the reasons that HIV is still around is the profound ignorance of people who because of this make themselves more likely to get it...... the above statement is an example thereof.

You have stats or just nothing to do?

You're problem, not solution.

Spokensperson for those with meaningless lives.