Help needed info on herbalife

ableguy

I have read many good things about the diet involving this cos shakes, I have searched Google and only came up with a couple of Thai sites. Can anyone tell me where I can buy this product, how many drinks to One can, about how much should I pay. I live in Korat but visit Bkk about once every month anywhere ther I can pick it up.

Scheduled for serious back surgery but have been told need to lose about twelve kilo first, so any help much appreciated.

Don't know if the mods would consider this advertising but if so please pm me, all help much appreciated.

Isn't this kind of sale forbidden ?

Ni, it's a multiple vitamin and mineral mixture same as they feed you hospitals when needed, it is not a diet pill.

Read some of the other posts.

When I was is college. In my bio chem class we broke the shake down into its components. It was pretty much a vit tablet with milk powder. This was using a mass spec......As a Dr. I was asked to sell it or give it the thumbs up. I couldnt as it , in my opinion was a rip off. It does work as anyone on 1200cal a day will loose weight.

When I was is college. In my bio chem class we broke the shake down into its components. It was pretty much a vit tablet with milk powder. This was using a mass spec......As a Dr. I was asked to sell it or give it the thumbs up. I couldnt as it , in my opinion was a rip off. It does work as anyone on 1200cal a day will loose weight.

I really appreciate this reply, I had a friend recently who was admitted to hospital unconscious it was a diabetic problem, however in. The hospital they just seemed to feed him shakes that I assume we're sugar free and contained everything to support life he survived,lost a considerable amount of weight , I do not find it too difficult to forego food just want to be sure my body has everything it needs, any suggestions ? By the way I stopped buying store bought sugar fifty years ago never use it in my kitchen, never drink sugar drinks ie coke but do have a couple of whisky water every night. Tall glass more water than booze.

• 3 months later...

years ago I was in this herba Life business. So as an insider I can tell you stay off all those products. They are promoted by massive adverts but what is really bad:

It is an multi level marketing thing. So it's a cascades's system. On every level of distribution people will earn their share.

At the end the product costs 10 times more than at the beginning.

Also there are a lot of products I can't agree with as a doctor. Ingredients do not meet international standards of science. Herba Life is a Life Style product promising you whatever you expect.

Go to a good pharmacist and ask him. If he's honest he'll give you qualified advice and/or will recommend a proven product.

Don't follow always internet because there you will find what you want to hear and want to spend.

• 5 weeks later...

If you want to drop weight start by giving up your whisky ( full of sugar) then reduce your meals by 25%, if your very keen download the calorie counter app for phone or tablet ( there is a book out to seen it in a BKK book store) and buy yourself a set of good scales, educate your self of calorie intake for a man and go from there.

Well protein (milk protein) + minerals + vitamins is the best thing for loosing weight.

The protein fills you. Of course you can buy some bodybuilder protein for lower costs but still it is a good solution if you eat it instead of a meal not additionally tongue.png

If you want to drop weight start by giving up your whisky ( full of sugar) then reduce your meals by 25%, if your very keen download the calorie counter app for phone or tablet ( there is a book out to seen it in a BKK book store) and buy yourself a set of good scales, educate your self of calorie intake for a man and go from there.

Whiskey has exactly ZERO sugar. On diet if you don't want to stop drinking alcohol it is recommended to drink whisky or vodka instead of beer or wine.

Whiskey has exactly ZERO sugar. On diet if you don't want to stop drinking alcohol it is recommended to drink whisky or vodka instead of beer or wine.

Unlike macronutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats, alcohol supplies what nutritionists often refer to as empty calories: calories without nutrition. To make matters worse, it is the first fuel to be used when combined with carbohydrates, fats and proteins, postponing the fat-burning process and contributing to greater fat storage.

I really appreciate this reply, I had a friend recently who was admitted to hospital unconscious it was a diabetic problem, however in. The hospital they just seemed to feed him shakes that I assume we're sugar free and contained everything to support life he survived,lost a considerable amount of weight , I do not find it too difficult to forego food just want to be sure my body has everything it needs, any suggestions ? By the way I stopped buying store bought sugar fifty years ago never use it in my kitchen, never drink sugar drinks ie coke but do have a couple of whisky water every night. Tall glass more water than booze.

if you stay on alcohol and reduce any intake of food you will lose weight immediately.

Does alcohol turn to sugar in your body? It’s a frequent question that seems widely accepted as truth. But is it? Well, this persistent myth is totally false.

Sugar and carbohydrate-rich foods raise your blood glucose level, while alcohol actually has the opposite effect — it makes your blood sugar drop.

Confused? Let me explain.

Here’s how it works: Your liver is in charge of turning foods into energy for our cells, usually in the form of glucose. Alcohol has to be specially processed by the liver — and since it is considered a poison by the body, it gets priority in the processing line up.

So the moment alcohol hits the blood stream, your liver drops everything else and detoxifies the alcohol.

Ever felt especially hungry the day after you had one too many? Depending on how much you drink, your liver could be occupied for several hours with processing alcohol – all while your blood glucose levels drop (your body continues to consume energy on a regular basis), allowing for hunger to set in.

Your blood sugar will drop even when you eat foods that are high in sugar or processed carbohydrates – so boozing and then eating are a crazy combination that can quickly lead to overconsumption of calories!

Makes sense?

if you stay on alcohol and reduce any intake of food you will lose weight immediately.

Does alcohol turn to sugar in your body? It’s a frequent question that seems widely accepted as truth. But is it? Well, this persistent myth is totally false.

Sugar and carbohydrate-rich foods raise your blood glucose level, while alcohol actually has the opposite effect — it makes your blood sugar drop.

Confused? Let me explain.

Here’s how it works: Your liver is in charge of turning foods into energy for our cells, usually in the form of glucose. Alcohol has to be specially processed by the liver — and since it is considered a poison by the body, it gets priority in the processing line up.

So the moment alcohol hits the blood stream, your liver drops everything else and detoxifies the alcohol.

Ever felt especially hungry the day after you had one too many? Depending on how much you drink, your liver could be occupied for several hours with processing alcohol – all while your blood glucose levels drop (your body continues to consume energy on a regular basis), allowing for hunger to set in.

Your blood sugar will drop even when you eat foods that are high in sugar or processed carbohydrates – so boozing and then eating are a crazy combination that can quickly lead to overconsumption of calories!

Makes sense?

So the way you explain it, if you drink alcohol and keep to your regular diet, drinking alcohol will provoke weight loss.

Unlike macronutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats, alcohol supplies what nutritionists often refer to as empty calories: calories without nutrition. To make matters worse, it is the first fuel to be used when combined with carbohydrates, fats and proteins, postponing the fat-burning process and contributing to greater fat storage.

sure, right! But on a usual diet you have space for some alcohol....Of course it will be hard to have a successful diet with 5 large Chang beer every evening. But a glass of whiskey doesn't brake the bank if you save the kcal somewhere else or do more sports.

Or other: sit 1 hour on the bicycle trainer every day and you can have 2 large beer in the evening. If that makes you more happy and the diet more sustainable than it will be more successful.

Point is of course in moderation.....

That postponing the fat burning process doesn't have much practical impact...if it is burned first or later doesn't really matter.

Archived