Suvarnabhumi Airport To Sukhumvit Road Soi 11

naturalpoints

There have been times when it has taken me 2 hours from Sukhumvit 101/1 to Sukhumvit 22 especially in the evening.

I would take the route from the new airport via the eastern ring road to the On Nut turn off, then all the way down to Srinakharin and turn right along Srinakharin to the Pattanakhan road. Follow that into new Petchburi and along to Sukhumvit soi 3, turn left up there to opposite Bumrungrad hospital and across into soi 11.

An alternative would be coming along the express way past Sukhumvit 62 towards Din Daeng and come off just at the Sukhumvit road keeping to the right after the turn and up onto Petchburi road then right into Sukhumvit soi 3 and up to soi 11 that way.

Most times of the day the traffic is a bitch so plan on at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours and you will be OK.

The fast train/BTS link is still quite a while away.

Edited by billd766

There have been times when it has taken me 2 hours from Sukhumvit 101/1 to Sukhumvit 22 especially in the evening.

I would take the route from the new airport via the eastern ring road to the On Nut turn off, then all the way down to Srinakharin and turn right along Srinakharin to the Pattanakhan road. Follow that into new Petchburi and along to Sukhumvit soi 3, turn left up there to opposite Bumrungrad hospital and across into soi 11.

An alternative would be coming along the express way past Sukhumvit 62 towards Din Daeng and come off just at the Sukhumvit road keeping to the right after the turn and up onto Petchburi road then right into Sukhumvit soi 3 and up to soi 11 that way.

Most times of the day the traffic is a bitch so plan on at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours and you will be OK.

Slightly off topic - but MAN you guys certainly put up with a lot in BKK. 2 hours man.......

I can drive the length of Phuket in an hour.

I can drive from Manchester to Birmingham airports in less than 2 hours. (2 of the biggest cities in the UK for those of ya that dont know)

Jeez.

BKK eh............ya welcome to it.

I live relatively close to the new airport (a little before, in fact) and it routinely takes me 1h 15 mins to get home and sometime 2 hrs from Wireless.

So basicaly this new airport is further and takes more time to get to Sukhumvit Soi 11 than from the present airport, right????

:o

Basically yes it is. From the old airport you could take a taxi up onto the expressway for 20 baht, though the Din Daeng toll booth, another 40 baht and come down by the railway line at Sukhumvit soi 1, then up to soi 11.

Whats the feasability,if not carrying too much luggage,of getting a taxi to On Nut skytrain which takes you to Asoke,Sukh?. Does anyone think think this could be quicker in the rush hour?.

Unless you arrive... a sunday morning, around 7AM for instance.

Ah... holly sunday morning in Bangkok ! ... So peacefull, you can drive at full speed on express way... Nobody. A real pleasure.

Edited by cclub75

I've had a look on Google Earth, and from Asoke BTS there doesn't seem to a great difference(as the crow flies) in distance to either airport.

Crows can fly in a straight line but the traffic has to follow the road system, stop at red lights and get stuck in traffic jams. Crows don't have that problem.

I landed at the new airport at 11am the other day, and it took about the same amount of time and Baht to get to Asoke BTS as from DM. The route is different - you pay less in tollway (only 25B) and you come down Asoke from Phra Ram 9 area, hitting Sukhumvit at the Asoke junction.

Total cost - 50B (surcharge) + 25B + 160B metre, time was about 25mins at 11:30am ish.

Captaintractor Based on a few trips along Sukhumvit from On Nut towards Bang Na between 10pm and 6am where the BTS construction is causing delays and certain to get worse usual travel times are a lot slower than usual

I landed at the new airport at 11am the other day, and it took about the same amount of time and Baht to get to Asoke BTS as from DM. The route is different - you pay less in tollway (only 25B) and you come down Asoke from Phra Ram 9 area, hitting Sukhumvit at the Asoke junction.

Total cost - 50B (surcharge) + 25B + 160B metre, time was about 25mins at 11:30am ish.

That sounds pretty good then............ :D

I'm landing there on the 30th and will try the route and will let everyone know too.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...