Professional Health Care at Home - ideas on costs needed

My wife's sister comes 7 days a week when possible, sometimes for 1 or 2 hours in the morning, late afternoon she spends 1 hour with me while I train/phsyio. She brings her 2 children and we try and have a bit of fun.

The children watch cartoons and when possible I give them little snacks and drinks.

She receives 4,000 from me per month but sometimes won't take it all.

A real diamond as we say.

She is a very good lady

I'm very familiar with the facility Sheryl recommended. In addition to having excellent physiotherapy, they are very good at occupational therapy and could teach you new tricks to make your life easier in the bathroom and kitchen. They have model rooms set up in their therapy area for training. It might make sense for your family, esp. your wife's sister to visit for a few days near the end of your stay to see what you've learned and to also be trained to better assist you.

Nancy,

I'm considering emailing them with a few questions. As for my wife's sister joining me not sure she would be able to because of other commitments. Single mother with two children - husband died in January suddenly.

I also had a problem with my wife's family accepting my therapist when she came, she is married, seen holding my hand, all part and parcel of the therapy but too intimate for the family's liking.

Perhaps I should just take the bull by the horns and do it rather than sit around waiting for some sort of permission to come.

Thanks

Ps the joys of living in Thailand?

sorry if i come across as being harsh,but havent you got any family anywhere that can help.

you are not living just exsisting.

just look at your problems,2strokes,dvt,hyper tension,hip replacement gone wrong,partially disabled,walking is a problem,cant drive,cooking is too dangerous,

you need physio,you have bad balance,has to use a tripod[zimmer frame] given the wrong meds,causing a broken arm,broken elbow,7stiches in your head,

and on the 7/7 was the first time you have been out for 3months.

if your post is genuine then you need to go into a residential home 24/7

thailand is not the place where you should be trying to live.

I have two sisters living in England or my Thai family here which consists of mother in law, sister in law with two children and my son who I do not want to leave. Everyone else passed away.

Be as harsh as you like, maybe I need a good kick up the arse to make me move on.

Are there factors that you might be able to moderate to get your health under better control? Are you overweight (hard not to be without ability to exercise more - but eating less might be an option). That could pay big dividends in other areas. Are you downing too much beer? Note your "interest" on profile being "Chang beer and beautiful girls". Believe it really would be to your and families advantage to get professional help as Sheryl suggested if within your abilities. You are likely not too old to recover a great deal of abilities with the right treatments (and 59 is still quite young).

I'm a 10 stone 5ft 10in slim built person. Yes I like my Chang beer, eat twice a day all veg and cheese (vegitarian).

Love Thai girls/women but have stayed faithful to my wife.

My wife as I have said is based and works in Bangkok and really unconcerned as her sister helps me, as far as she is concerned she has played her part. When I had my hip op she showed up about 5 minutes before surgery, she was still there after but left the next day.

I could exercise more but don't like doing this without someone around. Plus I have some discomfort and pain.

I take Warfarin to prevent blood clots and Losartan for hypertension, nothing else.

Although have no idea what a stone weight is appears you are slim and fit so probably having proper exercise and workouts could help a lot and even more reason to have facility help or at minimum get someone who has the knowledge and can teach you and SIL what is required. But even without you likely know what you can do safely so setting a specific time and trying to just do each day might be easier than you think and nothing fancy needed - just keep it within your limits and be sure there is help available if you want to push it a bit. Perhaps if SIL contacts a physio the family would be less concerned with the beautiful girls concern (although being beautiful might be a strong motive to do the exercise routine).

Nancy,

I'm considering emailing them with a few questions. As for my wife's sister joining me not sure she would be able to because of other commitments. Single mother with two children - husband died in January suddenly.

I also had a problem with my wife's family accepting my therapist when she came, she is married, seen holding my hand, all part and parcel of the therapy but too intimate for the family's liking.

Perhaps I should just take the bull by the horns and do it rather than sit around waiting for some sort of permission to come.

Thanks

Ps the joys of living in Thailand?

That is exactly what you should do.

However well meaning, your wife's family are not in a position to know what you need. Physical therapy/rehab services in general are weak to nonexistant in Thailand (the place recommended being a notable exception) so most Thais have little concept of it and little idea of how much it can achieve. There tends to be a cultural fatalism about disabilities - "that's just how it is", "fate" etc. They will not understand what it is you are going for nor why you need to go to a place far from home for it.

Ignore and proceed. You owe it to yourself and to your son. While it will require a separation from him for a temporary period it will increase the chances of your staying with him in the long run.

I have two sisters living in England or my Thai family here which consists of mother in law, sister in law with two children and my son who I do not want to leave. Everyone else passed away.

Be as harsh as you like, maybe I need a good kick up the arse to make me move on.

thanks for your reply,your 2sisters are they aware of your health,are you british pl.if so dont you think you would get the care you need in the uk.looking at your problems and how you are trying to cope suggests you are can afford the move back to the uk.

as for the beautyfull girls at only 59yrs.old you are not in the position to enjoy them anymore.

beer and food we all love and as long as we are breathing can still enjoy.

so you owe it to yourself,yes a good 2footed kick up the arse is what you need.

I have no desire to move back to the UK. I deffinatly don't want to leave my son, house or car here for the vultures.

My sisters are aware of my issues. I just think I need to spend some time weighing up my options in Thailand.

But without your health what choice is there? Perhaps better to get well and return if you can not do so here. But as you say your sisters understand would urge you to discuss the Chiang Mai option with them and get there input (kick in rear) for motivation to take advantage of it. It is important to your son.