Can't delete on Utorrent 2.2.1

newatthis

Hi all,

I have 19 files seeding at the moment and 1 showing a red "X" next to it showing ".Error invalid download state"..But I have finished downloading it and it is now showing in the completed seeding section

Every time I click "delete and remove data", it is deleted, but Utorrent freezes.

So I restart the computer and lo and behold, the file is back on utorrent with the red "X" next to it.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

uninstall utorrent and install it new.

Hi h90

Did the above and still same problem..

Thanks

Sorry H90. I apologize. I replied too quickly....brain not in gear beore opening mouth.

After installing utorrent new, all the old files seeeding ok.

Was able to delete "X" file and now all is running well.

Appreciate your advice.

When I tested uT 2.2.1. , it had problems too , so I went back to old and trusted 1.8.5 for about 3 more years !

Before I did a re-install , I tested the then new 3.4.2 , and with some modifications , it is a good one. Much better connection with udp trackers. You lose the black background for the speed graph though. After the OS re-install , I downloaded the newest version of 3.4.2 , but it was not as good, so went back to build 37125.

When I tested uT 2.2.1. , it had problems too , so I went back to old and trusted 1.8.5 for about 3 more years !

Before I did a re-install , I tested the then new 3.4.2 , and with some modifications , it is a good one. Much better connection with udp trackers. You lose the black background for the speed graph though. After the OS re-install , I downloaded the newest version of 3.4.2 , but it was not as good, so went back to build 37125.

'newest version of 3.4.2 ,"

I've had version 3.4.3 for awhile. Haven't experienced any problems. Usually downloads quite quickly.

^^^

My private download sites have banned the 3+ series of utorrent for their own reasons. I have been with them for years and I don't want to risk my membership by upgrading.

OK , I'll bite. Why would they ban the 3+ series?

And another question : are private download sites better than the "open to all" sites ? What's the difference?

^^^

My private download sites have banned the 3+ series of utorrent for their own reasons. I have been with them for years and I don't want to risk my membership by upgrading.

OK , I'll bite. Why would they ban the 3+ series?

And another question : are private download sites better than the "open to all" sites ? What's the difference?

its something to do with tracking ratio's. they like older versions. i use 2 sometimes as well as open to all sites

uninstall utorrent and install it new.

Hi h90

Did the above and still same problem..

Thanks

Sorry H90. I apologize. I replied too quickly....brain not in gear beore opening mouth.

After installing utorrent new, all the old files seeeding ok.

Was able to delete "X" file and now all is running well.

Appreciate your advice.

I actually thought uninstall, removing the file(s) that make troubles, install new.

But if it worked this way, it is also good biggrin.png

• 3 months later...

I decided to upgrade from uT 3.4.2. There are now advertising panels and a separate process to run the ads; my firewall asked if it should allow and I denied it access. Bittorrent same. I did a little research and found out how to get rid of the panels.

Then something went weird with the color of selected entries. Seems it's a legacy bug and will probably remain that way.

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/94556-color-of-highlighting-the-torrents-when-select-them

Back to 3.4.2. My only problem with it has been that when there is too much activity it sort of trips over its own shoelaces and has to be restarted.

I'm also giving qbittorrent a try.