Any Good Live Band Music Bars Or Clubs In Pattaya?

nonameidentified

We live in Sriracha and there's a lot of good Thai bands in the clubs and bars here. We enjoyed that a lot.

There's a lot of great musicians in Thailand I must say (but singers.....especially females, not many I thought...)

Since we're not very familiar with Pattaya, or even Bang saen and chonburi, we don't know where else we can find good music. The last time when we tried exploring Pattaya. The only bar that is not sleazy and is actually selling good beer and playing live music is an irish bar (I think) along the whole stretch of the "men-inviting' bars at the walking street at the end of beach road.

Anyone know if there is any other good bars or clubs playing great live music anywhere else in Chonburi province?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in Sriracha and there's a lot of good Thai bands in the clubs and bars here. We enjoyed that a lot.

There's a lot of great musicians in Thailand I must say (but singers.....especially females, not many I thought...)

Since we're not very familiar with Pattaya, or even Bang saen and chonburi, we don't know where else we can find good music. The last time when we tried exploring Pattaya. The only bar that is not sleazy and is actually selling good beer and playing live music is an irish bar (I think) along the whole stretch of the "men-inviting' bars at the walking street at the end of beach road.

Anyone know if there is any other good bars or clubs playing great live music anywhere else in Chonburi province?

You can try the Blues Factory, just of Walking Street. Go to the Entertainment forum and click on the Blues Factory website

Also there is Lucifers who used to have a good band play once a week but I haven't been there for about 18 months.

At the north end of Beach Road there is Henry J Beans , which is part of the Amari Hotel, they used to have a good band also but haven't been there for about 18 months either.

None of these places are sleazy but Lucifers is a disco so it's very noisy and busy

Coming from Sriracha you've probably only experienced the Thai band scene.

Pattaya has a wide range of venues... ranging from the Thai bands playing the pubs and clubs on 3rd road, to the Philipino bands playing the Hard Rock Cafe, Henry J Beans etc, and of course, the Thai/expat combos that play at the Blues Factory.

Plenty of choice... and some very good musicians around.

None of these places are sleazy.

If you want to experience the worst band in the world then go to Khun Johns Restaurant at Maprachan Lake.

Make sure you eat before they start playing :D:o:D

I actually thought they were a comedy band at first but they have since proved themselves to be seriously crap at all times :D

I usually go to a bar caaled Hot Tuna. Starting from Beach Road go down Walking street and it's almost at the far end on the left hand side. I'm not sure now but they used to have a decent band on saturday nights starting around 10:00.

Blues Factory also has a very good band.

I heard that (haven't been there yet) Easy Rider Bar on second road has a good band.

Dave at the Blues Factory runs a great club. Great place to take a date as there are no bar girls there. Also the band that plays in the front room of Lucerfer's is good. There have been playing there for years. Both clubs are on or just off Walking Street. Have a great time.

I heard that (haven't been there yet) Easy Rider Bar on second road has a good band.

You heard wrong.

Differ Pub (behind Big-C) seems to book a lot of popular bands, sometimes the streets around there even get clogged-up with lots of folks coming down from Bangkok.

You heard wrong.

Differ Pub (behind Big-C) seems to book a lot of popular bands, sometimes the streets around there even get clogged-up with lots of folks coming down from Bangkok.

Cheers. I'll give it a try. :o

Easyriders features Pops Band who are a good rock band.

I've never been to Differ and some other thai pubs and to be honest I probably won't.

Lucifers and Hammer pubs bands are ok, Have'nt heard the Hot Tuna band for a while but the original band there are in soi 1 or 2 i believe.

One of the best bands can be found in Climax bar in Walking st whereas the the top 2 bands can be found nearby????? :o:D

Being objective and frank, in so far as my choice of live band, do make and effort to go to the Climax Bar on west side of Walking Street. The band at the Climax Bar knocks spots off all the other live bands anywhere in Pattaya. The band at the Blues Factory comes in second place but don't expect to be able to carry on any sort of conversation inside the Blues Factory. Sorry Dave, but it's true. You need to turn down the volume just a bit!! A 'big band' need a big auditorium. :o

Edited by Artisan

Pattaya has a wide range of venues... ranging from the Thai bands playing the pubs and clubs on 3rd road, to the Philipino bands playing the Hard Rock Cafe, Henry J Beans etc, and of course, the Thai/expat combos that play at the Blues Factory.

I've seen a Filipino band playing at Hard Rock Cafe last year November. Sucks bad!! It really spoils the name of Hard Roack Cafe. The band in Hard Rock Bangkok was not so bad though

You can try the Blues Factory, just of Walking Street. Go to the Entertainment forum and click on the Blues Factory website

Also there is Lucifers who used to have a good band play once a week but I haven't been there for about 18 months.

At the north end of Beach Road there is Henry J Beans , which is part of the Amari Hotel, they used to have a good band also but haven't been there for about 18 months either.

None of these places are sleazy but Lucifers is a disco so it's very noisy and busy

What kind of music does the Blues factory play? rock, jazz, blues?

Where's Henry J Beans by the way?

And yep, Sriracha bands plays almost 100% Thai Music but I must say that the musicians especially the drummers in thailand. Gheez! they play well for what they're paid for!!

Being objective and frank, in so far as my choice of live band, do make and effort to go to the Climax Bar on west side of Walking Street. The band at the Climax Bar knocks spots off all the other live bands anywhere in Pattaya. The band at the Blues Factory comes in second place but don't expect to be able to carry on any sort of conversation inside the Blues Factory. Sorry Dave, but it's true. You need to turn down the volume just a bit!! A 'big band' need a big auditorium. :D

Its a live music club, its has to be loudish. :D

Climax are good but musical talent not on the same level as Lam's band or The Blues Machine.

Snowman is most certainly the only winner in Asia of the BB King "Lucille" award and the International Blues Federation's award. :D

The houseband especially play at a certain level every night, they've always got a bit more to give but watch them at a festival or similar then they even make my hairs stand up on end.

Surely the best live music in Pattaya is to be found at the Bamboo bar on Pattaya Tai next to the entrance of Walking Street!? :o

Are you serious? :D

What kind of music does the Blues factory play? rock, jazz, blues?

Blues, Rock, Rock n Roll and RnB with a very very tiny bit of poppy stuff. :D

Edited by davethailand

Being objective and frank, in so far as my choice of live band, do make and effort to go to the Climax Bar on west side of Walking Street. The band at the Climax Bar knocks spots off all the other live bands anywhere in Pattaya. The band at the Blues Factory comes in second place but don't expect to be able to carry on any sort of conversation inside the Blues Factory. Sorry Dave, but it's true. You need to turn down the volume just a bit!! A 'big band' need a big auditorium. :o

Its a live music club, its has to be loudish. :D

Climax are good but musical talent not on the same level as Lam's band or The Blues Machine.

Snowman is most certainly the only winner in Asia of the BB King "Lucille" award and the International Blues Federation's award. :D

The houseband especially play at a certain level every night, they've always got a bit more to give but watch them at a festival or similar then they even make my hairs stand up on end.

Hold on a second, so the Lam's band, the Blues machine and snowman all plays at the Blues Factory? Does that mean that their house band changes everyday? So who's playing on which day and on your point of view, which band is of your preference?

if you like heavy rock tribute stuff then go to easy rider's

in spite of the earlier negative post by someone else

if you like heavy rock tribute stuff then go to easy rider's

in spite of the earlier negative post by someone else

Well, we're not particular specific music goers. As long as the musicians knows their stuff and plays with their souls, they rock!

It has got to be the Climax Bar on walking st.

I think these guys are the best in town, the lead guitar player Be-ek has got to be the most talented blokes around....request a song and check out his guitar solo's! Also Richie the drummer.....well he has got to be the best Hineken fueled drummer on the planet!! :D

Desertcam :o

The Blues Factory has 2 bands-

Lam Morrison and his band

The Blues Machine featuring Snowman.

Schedule is-

2 bands 6 nights a week except for mondays which is only the Blues Machine and wednesdays which is only Lam Morrison.

:o

I like the Blues Factory; but the last time I went the air-con was too cold. Is there a thermostat control?

Schedule is-

2 bands 6 nights a week except for mondays which is only the Blues Machine and wednesdays which is only Lam Morrison.

:D

I like the Blues Factory; but the last time I went the air-con was too cold. Is there a thermostat control?

Bring a date and get close. :o

Schedule is-

:D

Blimey I normally get complaints that its too hot. :D

Blues Factory wins hands down....

That's very subjective BM as aren't you part of the TV clique in Pattaya, as is the owner of the Blues Factory?

I am not part of any clique and the Blues Factory wins hands down. :o

speaking as the owner of the Blues Factory i am also not part of any clique. :D