Motorway 'M-Pass' toll card on sale tomorrow

webfact

"Officials say they are still working on integrating all the passes together, according to Chusak Kaewi, director of the Highway Department."

Just like the BTS and MRT administrations have been working on an integrated ticketing system...for a decade. It will be interesting to see how many new ticketing schemes are introduced with the mass transit extensions currently under construction. One each?

Sorry to disagree with you. They have not actually been working on an integrated ticketing system for a decade. They should have been and have made some half assed starts and MRT have been consistant in the choice of smart media technolgy for new lines, but mostly BTS have not been really trying to integrate properly, especially for single journey tickets for the benefit of Bangkokians and tourists. SRT the same and this is probably the one issue that I think the General should use his big stick to force them to be more considerate to the travelling public. Same for the BRTS. Its only profit before passenger convenience that interests some of them. The new proposed Thailand Smart Card and Central Clearing house will not solve the single journey problem.

• 2 weeks later...

is it integrated with easy pass?

Not only is it not integrated. It will not work if it is close to the easy pass.

What a farce. Only in Thailand

Edited by Toany

I have just been into the bank that sold me the M Pass and they told me that it will not work if it is close to an easy pass.

First the MPass worked, bit the easy pass would not. My easy pass would not work. As the easy was 6 years old, I assumed the battery was dead and exchanged it. Now the easy pass works and the M pass does not. So I tend to believe the bank.

I do not dispute that yours work fine. Mine did not and the bank said they will not work close to each other. I will experiment with them further apart instead of both behind the mirror together out of sight.

Lucky you, and thanks for the replies