utapao airport

jay1980

I noticed that AirAsia have some decent prices for flights from Utapao airport to KL, Malaysia

I have a visa run I need to do soon so thinking of booking one.

Has anyone used used this airport recently?

Their website is on the basic side and does not have any information about parking/transport.

http://www.utapao.com/index.html

Does anyone know if I can park my car at the airport for a couple of days and the cost, or if not roughly how much a taxi there and back from Jomtien would be?

Many thanks

You can park right outside the small terminal building.

It's supposed to be about 50b a day depending if the fella who mans the booth is there or not to charge you.

There are some pictures & a tread on this somewhere in this forum.

A joy to use airports like this although a bit low on duty free shopping choices.

One small restaurant just inside the door with bar that does simple thai/farang food.

I had a decent green curry last time.

Be warned that once you pass the military checkpoint from the main road that you will still have a few kms to drive to the terminal

Edited by SidJames

we went there last week to check on flights to KL but they were not starting to next week, the carpark is open plan and did not see any payment booths, and going through the main gate my T/g/f had to leave her ID with the gate soldier and we picked it up on the way out

we went there last week to check on flights to KL but they were not starting to next week,

Next displayed flight on the website is Wed, July 15.

And don't forget, it will be a two day trip. Arriving in KUL at 19:00h, return next day at 14:30h.

Strange segment prices:

UTP - KUL 400 (!) Baht

KUL - UTP 2800 (!) Baht

Guess its the airport fees?