Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should put these two on a boat to the main land, truck them to the border and release them. Then get busy finding the real killers. If it is part of the Mafia down there, then send the Army in and clean up the whole island.

Great comment, but I fear that senior members of the men in green are part of the gang....if you follow my drift....

I honestly don't think Prayuth is aware of police incompetence in this case i think he has been fed bs and believed it , it's time the embassy officials from both countries involved to call a meeting directly with him.

I agree halfway, in the sense he's somewhat out of the loop. I don't think Prayut is privy to all the inside manipulations which have been going on, but he should have some idea. Either that, or he's head-in-the-clouds out of touch with what his top brass buddies are doing. Early on in the botched investigation, he made public comments ("they're doing a perfect job" ....etc) - which he either regrets now, or will regret when things get even clearer for those who really really want the public to not scrutinize what's been going on behind closed doors. For top brass, including the PM, there are several basic basic precepts which are higher priority than finding true justice in this case.

I think the PM is more concerned with rumours of financial impropriety and a bunch of irritating students than dead foreigners.

Quite possibly the last he cared about the case was when he gave the big thumbs up to the satisfactory conclusion of the investigation. Will he have any further comments on this, only in the event of foreign involvement in the trial causes it to deviate from the script.

I think they should put these two on a boat to the main land, truck them to the border and release them. Then get busy finding the real killers. If it is part of the Mafia down there, then send the Army in and clean up the whole island.

Great comment, but I fear that senior members of the men in green are part of the gang....if you follow my drift....

I honestly don't think Prayuth is aware of police incompetence in this case i think he has been fed bs and believed it , it's time the embassy officials from both countries involved to call a meeting directly with him.

I agree halfway, in the sense he's somewhat out of the loop. I don't think Prayut is privy to all the inside manipulations which have been going on, but he should have some idea. Either that, or he's head-in-the-clouds out of touch with what his top brass buddies are doing. Early on in the botched investigation, he made public comments ("they're doing a perfect job" ....etc) - which he either regrets now, or will regret when things get even clearer for those who really really want the public to not scrutinize what's been going on behind closed doors. For top brass, including the PM, there are several basic basic precepts which are higher priority than finding true justice in this case.

I think his comments were more to do with:-

a) proving to the world that the RTP can solve a murder case as proficiently as any other civilised country.

B) ensuring Koh Tao is regarded as being safe for tourism.

c) that whatever, nobody's going to question the RTP in a court of law.

Trouble is, the c) belief is what has caused the biggest upheaval - no-one contests the RTP, ever. Even in this case, with the RTP accusing the defence of not supporting the prosecution.

it ain't new york city there, buddy.

'mafia' is the same word but has a different meaning. even different to bangkok or other cities.

think of small population with large land ownership. generations of land ownership.

they own the islands. police are under them.

This of course is the reason police early on had no problem publicly accusing them and humiliating them on only unsubstantiated rumor. blink.png

huh? You mean when the initial police team was following evidence - which led to announcing Mon and Nomsod as prime suspects? You can call that 'accusing them' if you want. Following evidence/leads and announcing suspects is what inspectors are supposed to do - it's part of their job description. However, JTJ, you mention 'humiliating them' in the same phrase. Well yes, perhaps the accused were humiliated by being named suspects. But look at what happened at the crime: a lot more than humiliation. Should we shed crocodile tears for men being 'humiliated' by being named as suspects? You can if you want. But not to worry, JTJ, your humiliated-for-3 days buddies were quickly declared innocent by the replacement head cop. So they're free forever - to do in the next uppity farang victims who don't submit to their sexual advances. Feel better now?

Interesting bit of incoherent deflection but the fact remains -- police has absolutely no issue what-so-ever naming them as suspects as they did many people early on before clearing them. So, it is lunacy to think they tiny island headsman's power trumps that of the Thai Police, investigators, forensic teams, witnesses, video, DNA, laboratories, UK observers ....

DELUSIONAL

Methinks that JTJ and cohorts are so heavily invested in Death Island that they're getting ever more desperate.

I seem to recall JTJ admitting to having some dive school connections? Maybe a bubble went astray, accounting for his/her brainless defense of all things RTP and the apparent blood lust for the necks of the B2?

In any event, given the history and stories of the Koh Tao mafia, I would suggest that any opinion offered by anyone having vested business interests there must be treated with a good deal of caution.

If i believed in conspiracy theories id suggest all the RTP stooges knew each other and were doing shiftwork posting, so dedicated to the cause were they LoL

I fear the wind is out of their sails now;

or should i say..the oxygen is out of their tanks...

as far as the performance of the BiB so far.

I try not to be to critical, at least not to ridicule them, but seriously,

turning up for a high profile case with no photos??

And...no budget...is the explanation??!!

Very hard to defend that even for JD and his merry men

I try not to be to critical, at least not to ridicule them, but seriously,

turning up for a high profile case with no photos??

And...no budget...is the explanation??!!

Very hard to defend that even for JD and his merry men

It ranks as the most inane excuse I've ever heard. Total and utter B/S. No budget for CSI evidence? Nowadays, cameras are digital, aren't they? So the CSI pictures weren't taken? Do me a favour, there were cameras snapping at every opportunity and police posting these pix on FB.

What is more likely, is that the close-up pictures of the deceased showed differences to the RTP's assertions re how they were killed, and they were destroyed. And what about the ones shown at the court. What were these? Non-CSI?

Again, I've run out of expletives to describe pond-life (and that might be discrediting pond life).

People were deducing from various photos that this was Nom Sod due to the way his arm appeared in this and many other photos.

for GB

Here is one link , there are others if you wish to seek them out

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/koh-tao-thailand-cctv-image-released-david-miller-hannah-witheridge-murder-suspect-1465640

Local Thai television has broadcast images of a bloodied pair of jeans that purportedly belonged to Miller as well as an iPhone that is thought to have belonged to one of the victims.

Definition of the word "purportedly"

-alleged

-supposed

-rumored

Definition of rumor

-be circulated as an unverified account.

So

Bloodied pair of jeans "rumored" to belong to Miller.

GB you have no idea what you are talking about,

My response was to your request for a media link referring to a phone in the early stages of the investigation , (remember you made an emphasis that it was not disclosed )

I think he is totally ware what is going on, and if he is not then Thailand is in big trouble.

I am certain he knows exactly who is responsible for these crimes and why they are protected from prosecution.

I totally disagree, he is getting near enough the same info fed to him as we are, he just hasn't seen the need to question it yet - why should he, he is likely being briefed by the chief of police why would he question him, I also believe that if (as we suspect) new reliable conflicting evidence on DNA tests from the UK is presented in court then he may start knocking a few heads and slamming a few tables

Or probably not. Why should he care about the B2? Nothing in the Thai media to concern him. The Uk evidence could be dismissed by the court unless it proves beyond reasonable doubt that Hannah was killed by a bullet. Anything less than that would be regarded as a mistake/contamination, even if the UK DNA showed a non-Asian presence. IMO, that is the reality.

he doesn't care about the B2, what he cares about is Thailands international image, if it is shown that police falsified DNA tests and other evidence then that will be quite damming to Thailand and the integrity of its police force (yes and don't bother commenting further on that one)

I am not expecting any evidence indicating a gun involvement, she was battered with something which is obvious, a gun would change nothing, the only time I have ever seen such damage with a firearm to the head was with a shotgun, what I am expecting is DNA tests that indicate there is no match to B2 anywhere on the body of Hannah

I think he is totally ware what is going on, and if he is not then Thailand is in big trouble.

I am certain he knows exactly who is responsible for these crimes and why they are protected from prosecution.

I totally disagree, he is getting near enough the same info fed to him as we are, he just hasn't seen the need to question it yet - why should he, he is likely being briefed by the chief of police why would he question him, I also believe that if (as we suspect) new reliable conflicting evidence on DNA tests from the UK is presented in court then he may start knocking a few heads and slamming a few tables

Or probably not. Why should he care about the B2? Nothing in the Thai media to concern him. The Uk evidence could be dismissed by the court unless it proves beyond reasonable doubt that Hannah was killed by a bullet. Anything less than that would be regarded as a mistake/contamination, even if the UK DNA showed a non-Asian presence. IMO, that is the reality.

he doesn't care about the B2, what he cares about is Thailands international image, if it is shown that police falsified DNA tests and other evidence then that will be quite damming to Thailand and the integrity of its police force (yes and don't bother commenting further on that one)

I am not expecting any evidence indicating a gun involvement, she was battered with something which is obvious, a gun would change nothing, the only time I have ever seen such damage with a firearm to the head was with a shotgun, what I am expecting is DNA tests that indicate there is no match to B2 anywhere on the body of Hannah

Tell me how can the defence show that police falsified DNA tests (the mainstay of their case) if there are no samples to prove that? Why do you think they were 'all used up', or 'lost'? Which is utter B/S, BTW. So as much as the international press might be baying foul, they will be brushed off as not understanding or making a mistake. It's happened already, and would be continued.

And your last point will be discredited as a UK mistake or contaminated, because we (the RTP) are the experts and we have records that show the B2 DNA matched the female victim. But there are no samples? Our records are factual, and signed as being so right up the gravy train.

Where I'm coming from, is that despite what is thrown against Thai officialdom, they will brush it off as being meddling interference from outside. It's a very insular country, as I'm sure you are aware, and very protective.

I've not seen anyone or any report suggesting the hoe was not used to inflict the horrendous injuries to Hannah. But what has been reported is that there is a possibility that she was shot first and the hoe was then used in an attempt to cover the evidence.

Perhaps we should be asking why so many on this Forum seem to care so much about this case, to the extent that there are pages and pages

of, sometimes salacious, detail and pointless speculation?

It's a horrible murder and there has been plenty of typical mishandling, cock-ups and potential corruption or malpractice, but that's hardly

unusual in this part of the world. Is it just because the victims were British and attractive?

This forum is used as a means to have your say ..so to speak...including criticisms and laying the blame where it should be blamed.

That includes posting a persons pent up frustrations knowing that you and I and we are not alone concerning the many, many issues in THAILAND that frustrate the hell out of everyone and anger everyone and some of us more so than others.

Cheers

I wonder if any of the suspects (and not just the 2B) are left-handed? Looking at the major wound and the rocks around the body, the perpetrator probably was standing to the left side when the skull was fractured. The wide wound is consistent with the wide blade of a hoe- it could certainly be compared to see if it matched.. The angled break in the skull would seem to indicate that the blow was struck at a downward angle from the left. It would be difficult for a RH person to strike that blow (try it). The angle of the fracture and the rocks above her body indicate that the blow was not struck from a person standing above her head. The blood spatter on the rock to her right would seem to indicate the the blow was struck at that location, not that the body was moved from another location. Detailed CS pics would make these determinations easier, but they appear to have been lost, due to "...lack of money...".

Was there ever a re-enactment of the crime? Would be interesting to see how the re-enactor handled the hoe

I think the PM is more concerned with rumours of financial impropriety and a bunch of irritating students than dead foreigners.

Quite possibly the last he cared about the case was when he gave the big thumbs up to the satisfactory conclusion of the investigation. Will he have any further comments on this, only in the event of foreign involvement in the trial causes it to deviate from the script.

PM Prayut will not be to concerned, he'll no doubt follow past behaviour and go in denial:

Minister for the Far East and South East Asia Hugo Swire summoned the Thai Chargé d’Affaires to the UK, Mr. Nadhavathna Krishnamra, to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office today, to raise his concerns about the investigation into the murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller on Koh Tao on 15 September. The summons followed Mr Swire’s call to the Thai Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, Tanasak Patimapragorn, on 9 October. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office

PM Prayut's response to this: Gen Prayut denied that Thai charge d'affaires in London, Nadhavathna Krishnamra, had been "summoned" by the British Foreign Affairs Ministry, saying Monday's meeting was simply to provide "clarification."

I wonder if any of the suspects (and not just the 2B) are left-handed? Looking at the major wound and the rocks around the body, the perpetrator probably was standing to the left side when the skull was fractured. The wide wound is consistent with the wide blade of a hoe- it could certainly be compared to see if it matched.. The angled break in the skull would seem to indicate that the blow was struck at a downward angle from the left. It would be difficult for a RH person to strike that blow (try it). The angle of the fracture and the rocks above her body indicate that the blow was not struck from a person standing above her head. The blood spatter on the rock to her right would seem to indicate the the blow was struck at that location, not that the body was moved from another location. Detailed CS pics would make these determinations easier, but they appear to have been lost, due to "...lack of money...".

Was there ever a re-enactment of the crime? Would be interesting to see how the re-enactor handled the hoe

Oh dear.

September 25, 2014

This Media Report claims that DNA of 2 Asian Men found at the Crime Scene was in fact sent to Singapore for advanced analysis.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/thailand-murder-probe-last-photo-of-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-emerges/story-fnizu68q-1227070475319

They decided to keep it in-house shortly after that suggestion was mooted. Did that coincide with the replacement of the investigating copper too?

I did not write this Media Report nor did I offer my opinion on it. If you disagree with that report then may I suggest you take it up with the author.

No it's fine. I was just pointing out that whilst that was initially apparently considered/rumoured it didn't actually happen. But you would know that if you had followed the case back then?

One post containing defamation has been removed from this thread.

From the Forum Rules:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Maybe a repeated question but have they done lie detector tests (supervised so that the tests are fair, independent and accurate) for the suspects?

hahaha, a lie detector in THAI language?!!!! I just can't fanthom THAT!

What seems to becoming clear (to me anyway), is that the Thai police are not used to having to present cases to the court to the standards expected in western countries. If this case did not have such a wide international interest, then I suspect the word of the police would be enough to convict the accused.

The likely reason the police case is so unprofessional is because this is the normal standard for them. Pinning crimes on poor immigrants by tampering with evidence in order to protect rich criminals would normally be a very easy thing to do, but in this case the spotlight is on both them and the Thai justice system. The police have demonstrated their surprise that the defense lawyers are actually questioning their integrity and have angrily confronted the defense team outside the court, actually lecturing to the defense team that their lawyers should be helping the police with the case, not helping the accused. The police are not happy and seem very uncomfortable with this chain of events.

Hopefully this case might be a springboard for the Thai justice system to improve and bring its forensic standards into the 21st century.

Well said, and I cannot help wondering how many heinous crimes like this have been covered up, and pinned on some unfortunate soul(s). I guess this case is getting a lot more attention because of the social media aspect, and the fact that it was a young, attractive foreign couple who were hideously murdered. I'm sure it's not the first time, however. Let's hope this brings more attention to such cases.

David Milgaard was convicted in 1970 in Canada for the rape and murder of a nursing assistant. He was only 17 years old by then but had a rap sheet as long as your arm by then to.

David spent 23 years in prison during the better part of his life. From age 17 until age 40. He was convicted on circumstantial evidence, and a testimony of what he would call a good friend. With the introduction of DNA as evidence, and his friend admitting he only accused David for the $2,000 reward money, David was finally released. Mostly by the help of his mother who never lost faith in him. He was paid 10 Million CAD Dollars for the governments mistake.

Through DNA they found the real rapist and murdered. He was renting the basement suit of his friend and very close to where the Nursing Assistant was raped and murdered. He was in jail at the time for another rape, but also before David was convicted he was charged with another rape and was on Parole. I admitted to his crime after his DNA Matched.

If ever there was a Key Stones Cop Scenario, or the prize for the Biggest Police Blunder in the World, then Canada gets the 1st Prize on this case hands down! The only thing that could make this whole story worst was that we had the Death Penalty then, and he was dead before proven innocents. The Moto for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is "We always get our Man!". They just never admit that they always get the right man.

Yea, of misguided faith! What makes you think your legal system is so much better? Have you looked in your own backyard for junk, before you come here? But it is better, you claim! Do you think for a second David Milgaard feels the same way as you do, and he has experience in the Canadian Legal System, where chances are you have had no dealing of your own in your own legal system?

Let me tell you all something! This case started as a terrible rape and murder of 2 young people on the holiday of a life time, and from what I read about them I would be proud if they could call me "Uncle Goldbuggy". That the 2 accused was arrested on strong evidence, including their confession, admitting to be near the scene during this crime, and DNA Matching Hannah's, and also an eye witnesses and holding Davids stolen Mobile Phone.

But now this case surrounds Migrant Workers Rights! How the Local Police here, and around the World, should conduct Interrogations! How they should conduct their Crime Scene Investigation. How they should report news. How their DNA Evidence should be thrown out because it does not live up to the standards, you THINK you have, but do not! How this case is so important to change things like as stated as faults in thiss World.

Why bring the World Problems to Thailand to solve? Did they aske for that? Do they need this? Solve your own problems back home first. I mean this to Andy to. Especially to Andy! I don't mind at all to have a debate here with him on this subject. Link this to him! Let's Go!

The Thai Police are trying to solve a Rape and Murderer case here which I feel confident they have spent a lot of extra Manpower and Resources on to do. A lot more then I would spend for sure. They have been Mum (quiet) as they are ordered to do by that by their Superiors. This is not uncommon. Police don't talk much about the case in your country to. But the Defense sure does and throughout everything to twist everything, which is there job. I think?

Up-to-You

. .

I thought the phone was found behind their residence, but you say they were holding it? How many phones are there?

And I'm not sure I would agree about the police being quiet. They are quieter now because a lot of claims they have made have been disproved, sometimes conflicting with other police or officials etc. but they were pretty vocal earlier on coming out with all sorts of stuff, not to mention posting pictures on facebook etc. Yes very quiet and professional.

You say the defense are twisting everything - do you think they should not be allowed to query the prosecution's version of events and witnesses etc then? Just sit there like good boys and girls taking what is being fed?

You say go home - Do you not what the B2 to have any decent representation? why not?

'Up-to-you' - You're not up 2 you mechanics on Koh tao by any chance are you?

post-155768-0-58024400-1436868037_thumb.

Cover-up in paradise EXCLUSIVE: Fears there won’t be justice in Thai beach murders trial

THE families of two Brits murdered on a paradise beach in Thailand may never see justice — amid fears of a police cover-up.

The killings of backpackers Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, last September cast a grim shadow over the holiday hotspot.

The suspicion of a cover-up is the latest twist in the trial of two Burmese migrants over the killings.

The case against Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, both 22, has been riddled with controversy.

Thickset, menacing-looking Thai men hang around the court, glaring at witnesses and western journalists. We are told some are police officers in plain clothes

Sky News’ local Thai translator refused to return to court on day two of the trial saying she had been “frightened off by the mafia”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6542764/Is-Thai-beach-murders-trial-a-cover-up.html

David Milgaard was convicted in 1970 in Canada for the rape and murder of a nursing assistant. He was only 17 years old by then but had a rap sheet as long as your arm by then to.

David spent 23 years in prison during the better part of his life. From age 17 until age 40. He was convicted on circumstantial evidence, and a testimony of what he would call a good friend. With the introduction of DNA as evidence, and his friend admitting he only accused David for the $2,000 reward money, David was finally released. Mostly by the help of his mother who never lost faith in him. He was paid 10 Million CAD Dollars for the governments mistake.

Through DNA they found the real rapist and murdered. He was renting the basement suit of his friend and very close to where the Nursing Assistant was raped and murdered. He was in jail at the time for another rape, but also before David was convicted he was charged with another rape and was on Parole. I admitted to his crime after his DNA Matched.

If ever there was a Key Stones Cop Scenario, or the prize for the Biggest Police Blunder in the World, then Canada gets the 1st Prize on this case hands down! The only thing that could make this whole story worst was that we had the Death Penalty then, and he was dead before proven innocents. The Moto for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is "We always get our Man!". They just never admit that they always get the right man.

Yea, of misguided faith! What makes you think your legal system is so much better? Have you looked in your own backyard for junk, before you come here? But it is better, you claim! Do you think for a second David Milgaard feels the same way as you do, and he has experience in the Canadian Legal System, where chances are you have had no dealing of your own in your own legal system?

Let me tell you all something! This case started as a terrible rape and murder of 2 young people on the holiday of a life time, and from what I read about them I would be proud if they could call me "Uncle Goldbuggy". That the 2 accused was arrested on strong evidence, including their confession, admitting to be near the scene during this crime, and DNA Matching Hannah's, and also an eye witnesses and holding Davids stolen Mobile Phone.

But now this case surrounds Migrant Workers Rights! How the Local Police here, and around the World, should conduct Interrogations! How they should conduct their Crime Scene Investigation. How they should report news. How their DNA Evidence should be thrown out because it does not live up to the standards, you THINK you have, but do not! How this case is so important to change things like as stated as faults in thiss World.

Why bring the World Problems to Thailand to solve? Did they aske for that? Do they need this? Solve your own problems back home first. I mean this to Andy to. Especially to Andy! I don't mind at all to have a debate here with him on this subject. Link this to him! Let's Go!

The Thai Police are trying to solve a Rape and Murderer case here which I feel confident they have spent a lot of extra Manpower and Resources on to do. A lot more then I would spend for sure. They have been Mum (quiet) as they are ordered to do by that by their Superiors. This is not uncommon. Police don't talk much about the case in your country to. But the Defense sure does and throughout everything to twist everything, which is there job. I think?

Up-to-You

. .

Hi GB, I read and re-read the article that you posted a link to claiming there was an eye witness to the crime. For the life of me, I could not find any reference in that article about an eye witness. Perhaps I missed something. If I did, could you please re-post quoting the reference to the eye witness? As this would be crucial evidence to the case, I'm surprised said eye witness has not been identified or asked to provide testimony at the trial.

Do not know how reliable this is but an article in the BP on the 24th October 2014, indicates that two weeks after the murders, three people were arrested, the two who have since been charged and a friend, who was treated by Police as an eye witness. To what I do not know, as it does not stipulate but maybe this is what GB was referring to. It appears that his name I Maung. If I can locate it, why can't you? Maybe you should try a little harder, remember, seek and ye shall find.

Is this the eye witness that allegedly was having a drink with the defendants before going home to bed and not actually witnessing anything?

Up-to-You

. .

Hi GB, I read and re-read the article that you posted a link to claiming there was an eye witness to the crime. For the life of me, I could not find any reference in that article about an eye witness. Perhaps I missed something. If I did, could you please re-post quoting the reference to the eye witness? As this would be crucial evidence to the case, I'm surprised said eye witness has not been identified or asked to provide testimony at the trial.

Do not know how reliable this is but an article in the BP on the 24th October 2014, indicates that two weeks after the murders, three people were arrested, the two who have since been charged and a friend, who was treated by Police as an eye witness. To what I do not know, as it does not stipulate but maybe this is what GB was referring to. It appears that his name I Maung. If I can locate it, why can't you? Maybe you should try a little harder, remember, seek and ye shall find.

Is this the eye witness that allegedly was having a drink with the defendants before going home to bed and not actually witnessing anything?

Can't help you with that the media report wasn't that detailed. It did list his name and said he was a friend, that's all I can say, other than to reiterate I cannot vouch for the veracity of the report.

Cover-up in paradise EXCLUSIVE: Fears there won’t be justice in Thai beach murders trial

THE families of two Brits murdered on a paradise beach in Thailand may never see justice — amid fears of a police cover-up.

The killings of backpackers Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, last September cast a grim shadow over the holiday hotspot.

The suspicion of a cover-up is the latest twist in the trial of two Burmese migrants over the killings.

The case against Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, both 22, has been riddled with controversy.

Thickset, menacing-looking Thai men hang around the court, glaring at witnesses and western journalists. We are told some are police officers in plain clothes

Sky News’ local Thai translator refused to return to court on day two of the trial saying she had been “frightened off by the mafia”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6542764/Is-Thai-beach-murders-trial-a-cover-up.html

Yep big 2 page spread today

Can't help you with that the media report wasn't that detailed. It did list his name and said he was a friend, that's all I can say, other than to reiterate I cannot vouch for the veracity of the report.

if it was Muang (sp?) then according to previous reports it didn't sound like he witnessed anything of much significance to the case as he went home. I am open to correction though

There was pictures of several Burmese who had been tortured into providing evidence or a story. They had burn marks down their backs they claim from scalding water. also bruises.

There is many ways to torture people though without leaving marks. One thing they do is tie them to the chair and hit them over the head repeatedly with telephone directory's. My m8 worked with immigration and witnessed some of the treatment they dish out when they pick up foreigners who have broken the law. Theres plenty more to go with that, but don't be surprised if you don't see marks. Plastic bags over your head doesn't leave a mark either and how do u prove it?

if it was Muang (sp?) then according to previous reports it didn't sound like he witnessed anything of much significance to the case as he went home. I am open to correction though

You are correct. He (Muang) was with the B2 till about 1 am then went off to visit his gf. He then got back to the residence at around 3-4 am where the B2 were sound asleep.

attachicon.gifsun.jpg

Article in Sun would have been more credible if they hadn't made such a blatant mistake as posting the wrong picture of Hannah and David.

Maybe a repeated question but have they done lie detector tests (supervised so that the tests are fair, independent and accurate) for the suspects?

hahaha, a lie detector in THAI language?!!!! I just can't fanthom THAT!

They'd need a truth detector.

Actually, there was an re-enactment of the crime, and photos clearly showed the police directing the totally clueless boys as to what to do. And they used a metal dustpan for the hoe. The whole thing was a completely staged set up by the BIB.

Archived