Credit Card Terminal Verification And Processing

I am interested in finding out how Thailand and the Banking system operates to verify a credit card terminal. Does this go through a processing agency or directly to a bank? Basically, if I was a retail shop owner and would like a credit card processing terminal:

1) What steps would I go through to accomplish this.

2) Who would I contact? The bank or?

3) Who issues or where do I purchase the terminal? I would assume the banks as well?

4) What credit cards can I use? Amex, visa/mc, jcb, diners, discover??

If anyone knows of who I might be able to get answers to this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank so much in advance.

1) What steps would I go through to accomplish this.

A: Go to your local bank where you have both the current and savings account. To apply please take:

Company registration

ID Cart

Minutes of the meeting where the share holders signed for the approval for opening a credit card terminal

Bank statements etc. etc.

2) Who would I contact? The bank or?

A: Direct to the bank

3) Who issues or where do I purchase the terminal? I would assume the banks as well?

A:The bank will be the owner of the credit card terminal. You do not need to pay for services and rental. However you need to have a stable usage of the machine.

4) What credit cards can I use? Amex, visa/mc, jcb, diners, discover??

A: Visa and Master are not the problem since all banks have the machines. Ames follows up easy. They will call you within a week or so after the bank approved the credit card terminal.

Please do note that you will not always receive the electronic credit card terminal. Normally you will receive the manual first. If you are a good merchant they will provide you with an electronic machine. (depends on the volume)