Something to do Around Nonthaburi/Pakkred

Ting Tong Farangalang

Hey folks,

I'm currently living in Pakkred and am looking for interesting things to do/see in the area. Preferebly something that would last the day or not involve lots of cab rides. I've been out to Ko Kret and besides malls or visiting random Wats I can't find much information. Does anyone farmiliar with the area have any good recommendations?

I'm here as well. There is a reason most of us live out this way....it's quite. Unfortunately, there's not a ton to do. Weekends we pick a direction and drive and see what we find. Kanchanaburi, Ayuttaya, Khao Yai, Pattaya, and Hua Hin all about the same distance. There aren't too many farangs here, so not like there's a farang hang out.....unless you live in Nichada neighborhood.

You could spend a day at Bang Sai (Auytaya province).

Its an interesting place, lots of handicraft and artisans working there.

Big area, can walk around though. The whole project is sponsored by the queen.

It is by the river (eastern bank) you could take taxi boat from PakKred to Bang Sai.

The impact centre at muang tong thani is very close to you and often has things on. I usually go when they have the bookfare but recently the thai made products fare is usually ok

A bit of a hike but Safari world is further out.

and i heard theres some kind of water park out that direction towards Minburi.

Plenty of parks and theres also supposed to be a dam where you can hire canoes and such, near Fashion island, but ive never been able to find it.

I believe the fishing park is out that way to but many expats shy away from the fee.

golf driving ranges are plenty.

You can get the minburi mini vans, heading back down chaengwatta road cheap which brings you close to some of these places.

I livecin Pakkred also. Love the place, I hopes its stay farang free.

There is a nice local floating market at Wat Tha Kieng. Only local people.

Pakkred - farang free

Nichada - farang bloody expensive

Maung Thong United FC play nearby, and it is always fun to catch a game.

My business is in PakKred. There's Central Obviously if you want to shop. And Impact as other's mentioned that often has interesting events. Other than that, there's not a ton of entertainment in the immediate area. If you're up for a reasonable cab/bus/van ride (less than 1hr) you have:

Future Park Ragsit/Major Cineplex

Dream World Themepark (East of Future Park)

Wake Boarding Park (East of Future Park)

Lumpinee Boxing Stadium

Safari World - Incredible but pricey.

Soon Siam Themepark (reasonably big themepark + waterpark) Worlds biggest wave pool.

The Mall Nam Wong Wan (has waterpark)

Explanade Cinexplex Near Nam Wong Wan (Ice Skating, bowling, movies)

Everything in Bangkok.

Basically, if you're here and you're bored, it's your own fault. There's a crapload of stuff to do if you have the will. The 166 bus and private vans pick up on Chaengwattana road and run straight to victory monument. From there, you can take BTS anywhere in Bangkok. It's a whopping 40 baht van ride to victory monument.

Edited by shiroboi

There is very little to do in Nonthaburi/Pakkred, like one poster said, you need to go into town to do stuff otherwise it can become monotonous pretty quickly. On our street corner there's a group of people who sit under the tree and get drunk everyday. Sometimes when I empty the rubbish at 10am they are already drunk. Known them for 3 years, they are outside most days talking about everyone's business. When we moved in, everyone gossiped about how we didn't have a fridge in our first week. It's quiet, nothing much goes on, the people are down to earth (and usually drunk) and that's it. Doesn't feel like you are in the city. We don't do much in the day because it's too hot so its no problem. For things to do, you need to move closer to town I think.

When people write about this they usually want to know about adult entertainment and bars.. tough luck not too many of those in that area.

adult entertainment, quite a lot

beer bars quite a few

When people write about this they usually want to know about adult entertainment and bars.. tough luck not too many of those in that area.

beer bars quite a few

My apologies then.. never seen that in that area and i live relatively close. But admittedly I have not been looking hard for such things as normal girls are easy to get if your not an old fart.

beer bars quite a few

My apologies then.. never seen that in that area and i live relatively close. But admittedly I have not been looking hard for such things as normal girls are easy to get if your not an old fart.

sorry, typo

adult entertainment, quite a lot (at least a fair amount)

beer bars, only a few (don't really have beer bars similar to what you have in lower Sukh)