White turns yellow

Beng

If it's due to the he plastic not being UV stabilized, I don't think you can reverse it.

Maybe try a bleach concentrate on a small unnoticeable area to see if it restores the white or buffing off a thin layer if it's only a superficial layer.

Very easy.

I had the same problem with my air con unit that went entirely yellow after several years, also with a large round white plastic framed mirror that we brought over from the States 30 years ago.

First and this is most important, switch off and disconnect all electrical power to the air con unit.

Wear a pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands and eye goggles to protect the eyes during the following process. Next fill a small washing up bowl with hot water. Then mix in a couple of cap fulls of raw bleach and a few good squirts of washing up liquid.

Next soak a cloth with the mixture from the bowl and hand wring it out, don`t have the cloth dripping wet. Sprinkle the cloth with some raw washing powder and then scrub the unit hard with the cloth and repeat a few times.

Next take a scourer (as pictured below) dip it in the bleach and washing up liquid mixture in the bowl (don`t have the scourer dripping wet) and scrub the unit hard with the scourer several times until the yellow film is removed and the unit appears pure white again. After that wipe the unit over with a clean damp cloth and wipe dry. Ensure that no water drips inside the unit.

If completed carefully, this does not scratch the unit. I have been using this method for many years and works every time.

post-110219-0-70681300-1436458943_thumb.