What Are Your Odds Of Getting Busted For Showering

jasonc

The news says NO showers in BKK for the next 2 weeks. Is that a joke? I understand water shortages, coming from the dry desert of the US but an immediate BAN of showers for every resident is extreme. Why not ban a few industries that waste water and pollute it before you ban people from being hygenic.

The clipping said foriegners will risk loosing their visa. How do you think they will actually enforce this? They can't enforce traffic laws, how will they visit peoples showers? I know all they need to do is look at the meter at the end of the month but again, WHAT are they going to do about it?

Are all of you going to refrain from a shower for until you get drenched at Songkran? Actually they are cancelling that too!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always known that as PM you would swing a lot of meat, but preventing babies from being born is a little more than I can comprehend.

Hey I.T. remember how ya was thinkin I was a little weird when you was at my house and saw 21 big Thai water jars hooked up to my pump,well what ya think now,,no showers for most,but we will still washee ass in pure rain water.

I just wonder how they will regulate the amount of water that the idiots will throw away on the roads and hyways during next week. :o

I still ain't got it figured how the river being empty will cause it to overflow.

Looks like Toxin has the right idea though by placing one of the showers outside the British Embassy - the little scrubbers can have a good wash before going in for their visa application. Should improve their chances of success and they can send some Peckham Spring water bottles home by DHL once they arrive in old blighty.

Hey you never know, they might even post 2 policeman nearby to check that farang are not using drinking water from a 500ml bottle to have a secret wash -

"excuse me mr farang, you just littered Bangkok with a used Butt, sorry drips of water" designed for drinking but I and my colleague saw you showering with it"

"No honestly officer it was not me"

"Mr farang, my colleague has just retireved the said water drops from the street where you dropped them" :D

"How can you prove they are my water drops" :o

"Mr farang, dont get in a lather about this - you still have some of the soap marks on your shirt collar and you reek of cheap shower creme - are you telling us you are not a confirmed 3 times a day showering man - heck there are even soap deposits on your fingers"

"###### OK you got me officers"

"Thats better sir (big smile), now come to our little booth and lets settle the matter but we only want clean money from you, nothing that can be traced. I think the farang term is laundered money, but make sure its not still wet from the shower...." :D

the little scubbers can have a good wash before going in for their visa application.  Should improve their chances of success and they can send some Peckham Spring water bottles home by DHL once they arrive in old blighty.

Huh? :o

the little scubbers can have a good wash before going in for their visa application.  Should improve their chances of success and they can send some Peckham Spring water bottles home by DHL once they arrive in old blighty.

Huh? :o

Peckam Spring Water is a famous (to Brits, who watch the TV show Only Fools & Horses). Its as genuine a bottled water as this story.... and the little scrubbers are the bar girls and their fellas seeking their visa to lifelong happiness in Britain.

Hi All,

So, the so called water shortage is gonna last for two weeks ey ! untill Songkran then everything is O.K. again. Where is all the water coming from for the use of during Songkran. Is it being imported from somewhere.

Never heard of anybody called "Khun Kikiet Ab-nam" (Mr Lazy Shower or Mr Shower Lazy).

Could you really imagine seeing 'see through showers' outside all 7-11's - LOL

(I'll have a pack of Marlboro, Cafe Yen and a quick shower please)

Cheers for now

Mike in Bangkok :o

BE CAREFUL AFTER 12PM THOUGH, BECAUSE THE FOOLS ON YOU.. I CAN'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE OTHER PAX IN THE FORUM CAN'T GET THAT THIS IS A JOKE. OBVIOUSLY DRANK TO MUCH OF THE MEKONG RIVER LATELY. BE CAREFUL OF ANY POLICE LIEUTS WITH SURNAME KIKIAT AB-NAMH.. AND THEIR DEPUTIES, MEN-MAAK AND SOKAPOK JING-JING.

THEY'LL HAVE YOU PAYING OVER THE ODDS FOR THE POSESSION OF SOAP,

AND EVEN MINERAL WATER, AFTER THEY READ THIS NEWS... LUCKILY TAKSIN

WILL COME AND SAVE THE DAY BY REVISING THE LAW SO THAT IT AFFECTS

ONLY THOSE WHO BOUGHT NEW SOAP AND MINERAL WATER AFTER TODAY, AND ONLY WHEN IT WAS BOUGHT FROM SHOPS THAT ARE OUTSIDE THE ONES WHICH ARE EXCEMPT FROM THIS LAW - IE 7-ELEVEN, HAPPY (GOTLOTSAMONEYFORTRT) MART. AND ANY OTHER SHOPS THAT HAVE SPECIAL IMPORTANCE TO THE MPS.. (THE ONES THAT SELL V PILLS, FLOVOURED JELLIES, AND MANS FAVOURITE RUBBERY FRIENDS). (OR THE ONES THAT THEY OWN IN PART OR IN WHOLE)

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN.. AND IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO GET NOTICED FOR BEING TOO CLEAN.. HEAD ON OVER TO THE INDIAN RESTAURANT IN SOI 5/1,

GET A WHOLE SET OF THE BEST ONION CURRIES THEY HAVE.. THEN THE COPS

WON'T COME WITHIN 200 METRES OF YOU.. ACTUALLY, WONDER WHY I NEVER THOUGHT OF DOING THAT BEFORE WHEN I DRIVE AROUND THE CITY. SAVE ON

THE 'PULLOVER PAYMENTS'. IT WONT DO MUCH FOR SEX APPEAL THOUGH, AS THE CHICKS WILL STAY AT LEAST 500 METRES AWAY. SO, ITS BETTER TO PAY ME 200 BAHTS AND GET LAID THEN. CHEERS.

Just got an email from a concerned reader:

I want to inform you that your topic' shower ban' in Thailand is ridiculous. I am Thai and I live in bkk.There is no such a thing that you've said.I don't know where did you get the information,but i want you to correct the information and inform others viewers of your website that this was the wrong news.

Thanks

Some people obviously never understood the concept of IRONY, and

the idea of HUMOUR.. Dear concerned reader, please don't be concerned.

We make similar jokes of ourselves as we do on others and especially politicians

who steal our money, and have a party at our expense all over the world..

no hard feelings to normal Thai people - who actually make this place a great place to live and work, and make us so pleased to be here.

You're not the only ones to not understand irony. Seems like our American

friends also really started believing this story to be true.. Especially the guy who's

now searching the net on the latest Mekong drainage project. Dear Sir,

don't believe everything that is written or said in the media. Superman is not real, Condaleeza Rice is actually a transexual, and she with other members of the US Republican party are really stealing assets and resources from around the world under the cloak of 'war on terror'. Did you know they named an Oil Tanker Condaleeza. It had its funnel removed and replaced with a big old hole. Don't believe anything unless you seen it for yourself dude, and don't believe me either!

Beers.

SLF

your piece about irony and humour is well understood.

However,why do you have to start these political statements in the second part of your answer.

Here we go again. :o

Please go to the bearpit.

If I read an article about showers and april fools day,I don't need unwanted political statements.

The waiting now is for the reaction!

And the admin's have to step in again and so on and so on

(I am not an American)

good i was worried for a minute

april fools :D

I sent the article to one of my associates. He'll arrive in BKK on 10-th of April. He just called me and he was very concerned about his gf and his sexual habbits /connected with water/. I realy evaluated the international significance of this announce. :o

PS If there is any copyrights of this material - pls let me know. I feel inclined to pay in Chang beers.

The first giveaway should have been the fact that Thailand has no Ministry of Water Resources.

Secondly, the name of the so-called Minister is a phonetic spoof - those who speak Thai will have caught on by now.

Third, today IS April 1st, and that's no foolin'!

Frank G Anderson

Founder, the Korat Post, NE Thailand's English language newspaper

email: [email protected]

URL: http://www.thekoratpost.com