Chain oiler

biker Bob

If no luck, I could advise how I made one from a brake fluid resevior and a chainsaw oiler bulb pump and some tubing from the drip irrigation store. Works great. Under $5 total.

Once you have some time, can you show us some pictures of your DIY chainoiler please. Thanks.

My Loobman still works OK. But quality wise its a bit like self made, so not sure i would spend the money again :)

grease might be a hush hush word nowadays but why oil when grease is better for those links.

where a chain wears the most and therefore stretches is on the internal pins and bushings

even oil just on the outer rollers is of little help and grease can never get in there

Is a chain oiler necessary these days? Vast majority of chains are sealed o ring. Personally just "paint" some engine oil on mine once a month.

So do i but a couple of months ago i went up to Chiang Mai and half way there the chain was bone dry. I have tried expensive stuff but it doesn't seem to last longer than normal oil, that is why i want a chain oiler.

Jan

Archived