Hotel/resort Near Doi Inthanon?

esquo

I have been searching the internet for hours, but have been unable to find a hotel near the Doi Inthanon National Park. I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest one or, in the alternative, recommend a mountain resort not too far from Chiang Mai City where I could enjoy some hiking and waterfalls. Thanks in advance!! :o

My wife and I have stayed at a tiny "village" style place that is inside the park. It is only a collection of straw huts in a lovely spot by the river on the left, just before the information centre. It is run by locals, has no electricity and is mainly used by Thais who like to get away from it all. It was a great place and the locals killed a chicken for a few baht for us to have a barbeque by our hut. Can't remember what it is called now - will try to remember to ask the wife if she can.

I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest one or, in the alternative, recommend a mountain resort not too far from Chiang Mai City where I could enjoy some hiking and waterfalls. Thanks in advance!! :o

Might look at this place: Suan Bua Resort

Krisada Doi is also very nice although I don't know how it compares price wise with Suan Bua.

They are a long way (read; reasonably long way) from Doi Inthanon though.

Edited by john b good

I have been searching the internet for hours, but have been unable to find a hotel near the Doi Inthanon National Park. I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest one or, in the alternative, recommend a mountain resort not too far from Chiang Mai City where I could enjoy some hiking and waterfalls. Thanks in advance!! :o

ON Route 1009, at the bottom of Doi Inthanon (before the park gate) on the right hand (north) side, 7.3 kms from route 108, turn right & go 1 kms & there are 4 resort places

1. Touch Star

2. Inthanon Paradise

3. Inthanon Highland

4. Inthanon Valley

Don’t know about prices, but my guess is the range might be 500-1,500 baht a night depending on the season. No recommendations, but some will be better managed than others.

Also on R1009, 6.8 kms from Route 108, there is the Little Home (which looks a bit like a short time motel from the outside, but I don’t think it is).

Then up the mountain at the Park HQS there was a new (hot water?) guesthouse called Eco Hut being built a few months ago & I'm sure a few bungalows must be finished by now. Price range at guess might be 350-800 baht a night.

But my tip would be to go for the Navasoung resort in Mae Chaem.

Up to you.

Also on R1009, 6.8 kms from Route 108, there is the Little Home (which looks a bit like a short time motel from the outside, but I don’t think it is).

But does it look like a short time motel from the inside? I wouldn't know what one looks like from the outside or inside David but perhaps you do. I just like to learn something new everyday. :o

But does it look like a short time motel from the inside? I wouldn't know what one looks like from the outside or inside David but perhaps you do. I just like to learn something new everyday. :o

Dont how it looks like from the inside yet, but I reckon that it could be a job better suited for Mysterious Aussie..

Hi

I hopped on this thread because I've been searching (and asking about) for suitable accommodation near chiang mai.

I want to go for a month, before year-end. My plan while there is to look around for a house to rent from next year - for much longer. I will have my own car.

I need somewhere offering me more space than an average hotel room, within 20 minutes drive of Chiang mai, with access to internet and which would offer me a discounted monthly rate (ie much less than 30x daily rate). I can afford about 20000 baht a month depending on the accommodation. Those are the essentials, but obviously an attractive location, charm, possibility of walks etc would be welcome.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions from anyone. I've never been to Chiang Mai or environs - even though I've been trying to read up here and elsewhere on the web.

cd

PS Navasung looks good and I will check with them on my points above. But how long is the drive to CM?

The best place to stay for Doi Inthanon is without doubt, the 'Inthanon Highland Resort'

stayed there a few times over the last couple of years.. has excellent bungalow accomodation, and the expansive gardens complete with beautiful pond come lake offer a truly relaxing end to the day.

Resort is about 15 min drive from Chom Thong, and about 3 min drive from the National Park gates

Also stayed at 'Touch Star Resort' (right next door to Inthanon Highland) OK, but a definate 2nd best...