Thai Irrigation Dept confirms rainy season to begin in August

webfact

Sure, however the weather is simply not that predictable and rainfall has to fall in catchment areas to be of real benefit. This is simply wishful thinking based on variable data but transformed into actions by a bunch with a disastrous track record for inept behavior.

In Nakon Nayok through to Pathumthani the klongs or canals are all dried up. I read from on one poster that the water will run out soon in Bangkok so why are those green water trucks still pumping water out to water the plants and gardens of motorways and local housing estates landscapings? I saw to my disbelief a large house watering its private garden in the midday sun with about 20 sprinkler systems on full blast right next to a major canal that was dry as a bone with dead fish lining the river bed. Crazy country!

If there were water management plans in place as opposed to vote buying plans the farmers would never have been in this predicament.

I hope the rain does come for the poor farmers. Poor in the financial sense.

In Nakon Nayok through to Pathumthani the klongs or canals are all dried up. I read from on one poster that the water will run out soon in Bangkok so why are those green water trucks still pumping water out to water the plants and gardens of motorways and local housing estates landscapings? I saw to my disbelief a large house watering its private garden in the midday sun with about 20 sprinkler systems on full blast right next to a major canal that was dry as a bone with dead fish lining the river bed. Crazy country!

The city of Bangkok pumps untreated water right out of the city's klongs and into the green water trucks. The water they use on the plants is not potable tap water and is so filthy that it probably couldn't be treated to be useable.

If there were water management plans in place as opposed to vote buying plans the farmers would never have been in this predicament.

I hope the rain does come for the poor farmers. Poor in the financial sense.

New water reticulation shemes are currently being constructed, updated or repaired as and as where can be rapidly implemented on a massive scale. In areas where it is currently impractical or unlikely to be of assistance in the short or medium term alternative assistance is being made available. In any situation it is dependant on sufficient rainfall . The Thai Government can't make water at the same rate the USA creates greenbacks!

The city of Bangkok pumps untreated water right out of the city's klongs and into the green water trucks. The water they use on the plants is not potable tap water and is so filthy that it probably couldn't be treated to be useable.

So your saying F##k the canal wildlife and people who live along side it and use it to fish or cultivate lotus plants to sell at the local market. Let's pour all that unusable water onto the motorway landscape garden. Don't also the local farmers use the canal water to irragate their crops and a drinking source for their livestock. Not useable, beta life line for some lower down the food chain.