Silicon is not generally considered a very robust style of flashing, no. However, in that 3rd photo they seem to have made a cement flashing? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo playing tricks with my eyes?

Definitely not right. Most shingles from USA manufacturers now come with a 20+ year warranty. The architectural shingles I used on a property 3 years ago have a 'Lifetime' warranty. But for the warranty to be valid they have to be installed correctly, as per the manufacturers specs. Invariably those specs. state certain ancillary products must be used for situations like yours. The ancillary products are also usually branded under the shingle manufacturers label.

No way is white silicon a suitable product for this situation.

Metal flashing is available at most any Buriram Builders Merchants Store I have shopped. It comes in various size "rolls". It comes in several grades of metal at the home improvement store in Buriram my wife and I shop most often. It is located down the same isle as the not yet finished Honda Brush Cutters in Buriram, but it may be on a different isle at any family owned builders merchants supply store in Thailand. Now asphalt shingle roof sheets are not a common item in Thailand, but I have seen them on display in Bangkok at the 2015 Architect Expo.

post-20604-0-83198100-1436601793_thumb.j

Edited by kamalabob2

So after having a close look what they have done is place a piece of aluminium under the edge of the shingles. This has been rebated into the wall. They have then put the silicone sealer over the top edge of the shingles.

So very similar to lead flashing, but it's under the shingles.

Is that going to work?