Life outside is like life inside prison, says freed student activist

Lite Beer

Delusional and ridiculous.

I suggest he gets a real taste of porridge, he is continuing to defy the government and break the law by congregating to defame the regime and spout delusional nonsense - 'Inside prison is like outside'

1402612179302.jpg-300x0.jpg

I'm amazed there are so many old lags on here who know better than the jailed students what life inside Thai prisons is like. Without you we may have believed the students.

I suggest he gets a real taste of porridge, he is continuing to defy the government and break the law by congregating to defame the regime and spout delusional nonsense - 'Inside prison is like outside'

I'm amazed there are so many old lags on here who know better than the jailed students what life inside Thai prisons is like. Without you we may have believed the students.

Stop trolling posts jesimps, you have a habit of insulting posters rather than their posts

and free food as well - why didn't you just stay there then lol

and I completely agree with this

" the young activist, who is studying law at Khon Kaen University, said. Jatupat added that NDM would continue questioning the government and their policies, and work on trying to break the bipartisan politics of the Kingdom, where people are perceived through the colour of their political affiliation.

give this young man a job in the reform council would not be such a bad idea as he seems to be on exactly the same path and the PM and the current government

Being on the reform council does not get you on the front page of the paper though.

I am surprised they don't ask to be on the new TV show that will be questioning the government and their policies. The show is trying to break the bipartisan politics of the kingdom by inviting all sides to sit on the panel. Of course when yingluck turns down the invitation it is in fact one side that doesn't want to change the fact people are perceived by their political affiliation.

AND when some follow in lock step to the red ethos using criminal activity instead of constructive means to further their agenda no wonder people have this perceived ideal towards cross sections of society.

But again they have reached their goal of making the front page irrespective of how little it will go in moving the country forward. In fact nothing they have done has constructively moved the country forward. It is simply creating division that could potentially push the democratic process back. So in fact the last thing these "students" (who never seem to be in class) want is democracy it seems. They want attention. Glamour. To be famous. Democracy...Nah, thats just the handle.

the self proclaimed experts being quoted, on life inside or outside prison are most likely students whose family have provided most everything they wanted since birth ( i did not say needed) they as most of those brought up under the umbrella of family money/influence are repeating what they overheard around the snack bar after a few toddies by all. no one is sure what was discussed other than ''do you want scotch and coke or fanta'' their long range plans to achieve goals as per family is a yes sir , can i use the poon tang wagon tonight ? need 50,000 baht to cover fuel, parkingt, friends entertainment, etc

year olds with more cpmmon sense , blister on their hands from hard work than so many of these spoiled brats who will contribute nothing to the betterment of to mankind nor Thailand. there are a lot of 7 to 8 year olds who , ifr they stay out of a life of crime could contribute more than a university full of the run of the mill ''i want as everyone else has one'' that are the next geberation of management. god forbid.

and free food as well - why didn't you just stay there then lol

and I completely agree with this

" the young activist, who is studying law at Khon Kaen University, said. Jatupat added that NDM would continue questioning the government and their policies, and work on trying to break the bipartisan politics of the Kingdom, where people are perceived through the colour of their political affiliation.

give this young man a job in the reform council would not be such a bad idea as he seems to be on exactly the same path and the PM and the current government

Being on the reform council does not get you on the front page of the paper though.

I am surprised they don't ask to be on the new TV show that will be questioning the government and their policies. The show is trying to break the bipartisan politics of the kingdom by inviting all sides to sit on the panel. Of course when yingluck turns down the invitation it is in fact one side that doesn't want to change the fact people are perceived by their political affiliation.

AND when some follow in lock step to the red ethos using criminal activity instead of constructive means to further their agenda no wonder people have this perceived ideal towards cross sections of society.

But again they have reached their goal of making the front page irrespective of how little it will go in moving the country forward. In fact nothing they have done has constructively moved the country forward. It is simply creating division that could potentially push the democratic process back. So in fact the last thing these "students" (who never seem to be in class) want is democracy it seems. They want attention. Glamour. To be famous. Democracy...Nah, thats just the handle.

Yes exactly, being on TV or working with the government to help the process along would not meet their agenda which ultimately is to cause trouble, this has nothing to do with free speech - nobody is stopping them having an opinion and voicing it

Not sure that he is being delusional at all.

The government has made it quite clear dissent will not be tolerated. It's certainly strange hearing Westerners support suppresion of freedom and individual rights by a non elected self appointed government that has a very long history of human rights abuses.

I guess for many of these farangs as long as they get their daily fix of alcohol and prostitutes then they will continue cheering the military thugs as every aspect of daily life gets regulated and monitored by censors.

The only thing they fear is something that will upset the status quo and see real social improvement in the lives of thai people.

Edited by Time Traveller

The government has made it quite clear dissent will not be tolerated. It's certainly strange hearing Westerners support suppresion of freedom and individual rights by a non elected self appointed government.

I guess for many of these farangs as long as they get their daily fix of alcohol and prostitutes then they will continue cheering the military thugs as every aspect of daily life gets regulated and monitored by censors.

The only thing they fear is something that will upset the status quo and see real social improvement in the lives of thai people.

So just to clarify, any farang who don't share your opinion must be drunken sex-pats.

Free speech has been put on a hiatus for the time being. To allow people with more extreme views to calm down.

No-one has said that free speech has been stopped forever.

BTW free speech in the west is a myth. Trying saying you support Hitler, IS, or want to marginalize any minority in the west.

Edited by Manbing

lets be honest here, inside you have bugger all, outside you can do what you want basically, no voting at the moment and sh*t stirring is allowed but that is only until next year when elections will be held, Seems these idiots cannot handle the fact they cannot do as they please all the time, two minor inconveniences against cleaning up a lot of the endemic corruption and crap that has been allowed to flourish here is a small price to pay. I will be one of the first to start bitching if they do not hold elections next year but at this stage the fact that it is now safer on the streets and people are more confident with out the ptp/red running riot the country is in a better position than its been for a long time. I am giving the pm a chance to do what he has promise and it is not making life harder for anyone, the only imposition is the vote and trying to cause conflict, apart from that it is pretty much do as you please. The ones stirring the pot are the ones that have been curtailed from doing what they used to, ptp and red supporters, same in here, it is the ones that support them or those that cannot handle what is happening and simply want to bitch about it. Using the fact it was a coup doesnt mean a thing unless the general does not accomplish what he set out to, if it means getting back to a democracy without all the corruption and bullsh*t that was happening under the ptp then it needs to be given a chance for the betterment for all, not just one sides supporters. If they dont have elections next year then everyone should stand up against it, before then it is simply people with their noses out of joint, be honest, how is it effecting you that makes it so bad?, I have seen nothing that shows it at all in all my travels here, in fact it lot better than before the coup.

Bear in mind that the majority posting in TV have no say what-so-ever in the running of Thailand and probably have nothing better to do than poke holes in what ever is going on at the moment, for what reason is unknown -- plus, I wonder if these same people are protesting and commenting as much about what is going on in their own countries right at the moment. More than likely not as they are too busy minding someone else's business.

The government has made it quite clear dissent will not be tolerated. It's certainly strange hearing Westerners support suppresion of freedom and individual rights by a non elected self appointed government that has a very long history of human rights abuses.

Would you care to run a poll to try and back up your idiotic statement and establish any truth in "as long as they get their daily fix of alcohol and prostitutes". We assume of course that you are holier than that - so you are automatically excluded from the vote.

Edited by Artisi

Stop trolling posts jesimps, you have a habit of insulting posters rather than their posts

On the contrary, you and your fellow junta apologists are speaking authoritively on life inside the nick when the nearest you've probably been to one is when watching reruns of "Porridge"

You're not fit to lick the boots of these brave kids let alone denigrate them.

whistling.gif It may take him, some time but he will, if he is intelligent enough, come to learn that ALL individual freedom is conditional.

There is no "free pass" and no "totally free"

There is only the "best compromise" that an intelligent person can make with reality that strikes a compromise between his or her wishes and the legitimate needs of outside society and the needs of others.

But that is an "old man's knowledge", learned by year's of good and bad experiences.....and not easily understood by the young.

They just won't listen..... but as Pink Floyd said in their music, "Welcome, my Son, Welcome to the Machine".

On the contrary, you and your fellow junta apologists are speaking authoritively on life inside the nick when the nearest you've probably been to one is when watching reruns of "Porridge"

You're still trolling jesimps. Still insulting posters rather than offering reasoned arguments.

First you try to insult posters by suggesting we know all about prison life because we are ex-criminals, now you are suggesting we know nothing and are just dilettantes.

But either way these are simply insults.

Why don't don't you tell us why you are the only one who should lick the boots of these brave soldiers of justice?

Edited by Manbing

Poor, jesimps, he just can't help himself. The moment you describe him to himself, he says, "On the contrary", and then proceeds to prove that what you said about him was true. He is trolling, "you and your fellow junta apologists are speaking authoritively on life inside the nick" and he can't help but insult posters who he disagrees with i.e., "You're not fit to lick the boots of these brave kids let alone denigrate them".

Edited by rametindallas

http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-arrest-thai-soldiers-for-abduction-of-ukrainian-couple-50218.php - here dear general is an example of soldiers literally being hired goons for the mafia. I don't believe that soldiers intimidated the families of these students In this case A's that would be wreckless even For this junta. But let's not pretend they are whiter than white now.

i recall that story , i though it all turned out to be a " Misunderstanding"

http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-arrest-thai-soldiers-for-abduction-of-ukrainian-couple-50218.php - here dear general is an example of soldiers literally being hired goons for the mafia. I don't believe that soldiers intimidated the families of these students In this case A's that would be wreckless even For this junta. But let's not pretend they are whiter than white now.

i recall that story , i though it all turned out to be a " Misunderstanding"

The Thai military wouldn't do such a thing. >_>

............................"Soldiers cannot threaten anyone because if such action was taken then it won't be different from goons or mafia. Soldiers who hold weapons cannot threaten anyone and if it is found that soldiers dispatched were speaking impolitely, please send a clip or evidence to the Army immediately and I shall investigate it myself. I have never given such order," insisted Chatchalerm."..............................

Would not want to be compared to goons or mafia, would we ?

"speaking impolitely" ??? They are packing lots of heat, they can speak any way they darn well feel like ! clap2.gif

Equally: If you are carrying a gun you do not have to be rude or impolite to get a good hearing.

Just another drama queen.... life outside is like prison, what an idiot. Try living in Norway... the govenment controls everything you do. Thailand is a very free country to live in.

Yeah, you're right! Except of course, no political free speech of any kind, and no right to vote. Duh.

No right to vote TEMPORARILY while the state of emergency (or whatever that it is currently called) exists. I live here and many Thai people I know (with the obvious definite exception of die-hard Thaksin-Red supporters) are pleased that the bombs and grenades are not going off in places all over Thailand. Also that many of the village headmen have now realized the wind is now blowing from a different direction and that they have had to pull their heads in. Many (but nowhere near all) police and other public servants are somewhat less donation/bribe-hungry than 14 months ago. In many places police traffic stops have reduced markedly. I find many people are happy to TEMPORARILY trade free elections until they can go to the polls & really vote how they feel. Then not have to worry that their vote will be matched to their name and their buffalo possibly get poisoned if their vote was NOT what the local kamnan instructed. Edited by The Deerhunter

If these cretins were also out protesting against Pheu-Thai and the absolutely disgraceful way they were running the country with their lies - like the false rice deals by ministers in the highest positions - then I apologise for calling them cretins.

But I would bet my house that these typical red-shirt hypocrites did not.

They have no clue what they are talking about. Why is Thailand obsessed by a few students ?. The rest of the world treats them as what they are : people just beginning to learn about real life.

that is (yet another) amazingly condescending post about students and you apparently continue to avoid informing yourself about their pre-"intervention" activities and the background of the group even though it has been posted under your nose multiple times.

when I was in university, I was surrounded by quite a few extremely intelligent and well-informed classmates who continue to be extremely intelligent and well-informed....

Just another drama queen.... life outside is like prison, what an idiot. Try living in Norway... the govenment controls everything you do. Thailand is a very free country to live in.

Yeah, you're right! Except of course, no political free speech of any kind, and no right to vote. Duh.

No right to vote TEMPORARILY while the state of emergency (or whatever that it is currently called) exists. I live here and many Thai people I know (with the obvious definite exception of die-hard Thaksin-Red supporters) are pleased that the bombs and grenades are not going off in places all over Thailand. Also that many of the village headmen have now realized the wind is now blowing from a different direction and that they have had to pull their heads in. Many (but nowhere near all) police and other public servants are somewhat less donation/bribe-hungry than 14 months ago. In many places police traffic stops have reduced markedly. I find many people are happy to TEMPORARILY trade free elections until they can go to the polls & really vote how they feel. Then not have to worry that their vote will be matched to their name and their buffalo possibly get poisoned if their vote was NOT what the local kamnan instructed.

Prior to the protests there were no bombs and grenades ANYWHERE and then when the protests came about there were bomb scares in small concentrated areas of Bangkok. Why are you overly exaggerating the situation? Let me guess, you think the army stepped in to stop 'civil war' that was never going to happen too right?

Cops are still massively on the take, corruption is still wide spread and rampant. All that is happened is that the paymasters have swapped and kick back prices have gone up a little.

Seriously some of you are absolutely deluded.

Norway just has problems controlling neo-nazi's that get automatic weapons and bombs and go out and kill 77 innocent young people.

Edited by roamer

No right to vote TEMPORARILY while the state of emergency (or whatever that it is currently called) exists. I live here and many Thai people I know (with the obvious definite exception of die-hard Thaksin-Red supporters) are pleased that the bombs and grenades are not going off in places all over Thailand. Also that many of the village headmen have now realized the wind is now blowing from a different direction and that they have had to pull their heads in. Many (but nowhere near all) police and other public servants are somewhat less donation/bribe-hungry than 14 months ago. In many places police traffic stops have reduced markedly. I find many people are happy to TEMPORARILY trade free elections until they can go to the polls & really vote how they feel. Then not have to worry that their vote will be matched to their name and their buffalo possibly get poisoned if their vote was NOT what the local kamnan instructed.

Prior to the protests there were no bombs and grenades ANYWHERE and then when the protests came about there were bomb scares in small concentrated areas of Bangkok. Why are you overly exaggerating the situation? Let me guess, you think the army stepped in to stop 'civil war' that was never going to happen too right?

Cops are still massively on the take, corruption is still wide spread and rampant. All that is happened is that the paymasters have swapped and kick back prices have gone up a little.

Seriously some of you are absolutely deluded.

You are quite right. Seriously, some of you are absolutely deluded.