Dr. Oliver's Clinic, Pattaya

Spaniel

I'm looking for a decent clinic to go to for minor stuff like sore throat etc. rather then a hospital. Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Olivers or can you recommend any other clinic in the area. How are their prices for a visit compared to like Pattaya-Bangkok Hospital?

Had a great experience with Dr O for a minor complaint. Quick and accurate diagnosis and treatment. Costs probably less than a farang hospital but more than a Thai oriented clinic. The doctor speaks English, French, German, and Thai. If he finds something more serious, he will refer you off.

My only comment is not much of a "bedside manner" maybe a Swiss thing?

Edited by Thaiquila

I'm looking for a decent clinic to go to for minor stuff like sore throat etc. rather then a hospital. Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Olivers or can you recommend any other clinic in the area. How are their prices for a visit compared to like Pattaya-Bangkok Hospital?

My wife went to the good Doc's with a nasty hand rash. The Doc asked if she had cut pineapples recently, received the possitive reply, told her to wear gloves, a dab or two with a magic potion, no more problems.

Cheap, efficient, not bad at all. :o

He is outstanding , and the fact the explaination you're given by him is understoood is worth the slight price difference.

Edited by Vespa

Dr. Olivier is very nice and good. I think he has a great bedside manner

I used him twice. 1st time, he charged me 800 baht plus medications and 500 baht plus medications for 2nd time.

His office is very clean and nice. His prices are 2-3 times higher than Thai Doc's with similar clinic. His English is OK but nothing spectacular. His services are good but overpriced.

Edited by Gary74

In my opinion he is good and helpfull, and not so expensive as BP hospital, I even can order my regular medicine by e-mail, it is not always conforteble for me to drive to Pattaya.

gdk :o

• 1 month later...

:D A Follow Up on my experiences with the Dr. as I had given him praise in this thread but on my most recent visit felt overcharged on medicine and on the consultation. :o

Never a good feeling considering this is far from my first time seeing him. Can anyone reccommend a good Thai doctor in Pattaya working from a clinic ?

I have known Dr. Olivier for quite some time and I had the opportunity to chat with him in Pattaya on several occasions. (Remember: He is a "swissie" too.)

On one of those occasions he told me, that about 50% of his clientele are in need of some kind of treatement for some sort of VD related disease. (Male as well as female, as long as the male is capable of footing the bill (for his G/F ?)

Just food for thought.

Cheers.

I have known Dr. Olivier for quite some time and I had the opportunity to chat with him in Pattaya on several occasions. (Remember: He is a "swissie" too.)

On one of those occasions he told me, that about 50% of his clientele are in need of some kind of treatement for some sort of VD related disease. (Male as well as female, as long as the male is capable of footing the bill (for his G/F ?)

Just food for thought.

Cheers.

Whats VD related disease?

Just food for thought.

Cheers.

I thought that medical doctors were not supposed to discuss their patients. I doubt that the 50% figure is true, as his patients are probably the sort of people who are concerned about their health, willing to pay to see a farang Doctor in Pattaya and not wait until 'back home'.

Edited by libya 115