Sending music by Bluetooth between 2 smartphone ?

BKKdreaming

Hi

I want to send music or if possible music videos like a YouTube playlist between Android smartphones

I bought a few $10 Android phones and would like to set them as Bluetooth speakers

Is it possible ? And what is a simple app ?

What is Bluetooth range from the Base phone ?

Thanks for your help

a hobby project you may find frustrating.

Not saying it can't be done, but a google search doesn't instantly pop up a solutions for:

google search: Sending Audio to Multiple Bluetooth Phones

The Bluetooth software/hardware in the phones aren't designed to do this natively. You may be able to find some apps that use WiFi that do.

Regarding signal range --

According to Wikipedia: Bluetooth

Officially Class 3 radios have a range of up to 1 metre (3 ft), Class 2, most commonly found in mobile devices, 10 metres (33 ft), and Class 1, primarily for industrial use cases,100 metres (300 ft). Bluetooth Marketing qualifies that Class 1 range is in most cases 20–30 metres (66–98 ft), and Class 2 range 5–10 metres (16–33 ft).

Also recommend you read the Wiki section on "List of applications"

Bluetooth protocols have a lot of native options, take a look here:

Wikipedia: List of Bluetooth profiles

There are different modes of operation for bluetooth...

A headset designed for handsfree calls may not be able to play music.

Or more significantly in your scenario, a device than can send music out may not be designed or able to receive music.

Including ALL of the Bluetooth stack driver services and profiles on a consumer product would create a UI user nightmare.

Manufacturers who adopt Bluetooth technology want to keep things simple so only enable the most sought-after features to keep the interface lean.

To keep things as uncomplicated as possible,

MobilePhone manufactures will enable Bluetooth A2DP as a HOST SOURCE (designed to uni-directionally transfer an audio stream in up to 2 channel stereo).

Bluetooth Speakers are then designed as Bluetooth A2DP SNK Receivers.

The Bluetooth profiles are hard set this way to make pairing and using these devices dead simple.

If you're still interested in how Bluetooth audio works, take a look at this article
theheadphonelist.com | Last updated 09/14/2014 |
Bluetooth basics
Bluetooth versions
Bluetooth profiles
Bluetooth compatibility and limitations

Thanks for the info,

The Android phones were $10 each but are CDMA so only work in the USA ,

I use them as music players and on my home wifi,

But I was hoping the Bluetooth would work so I could mount them around the house and hear the same music when I moved around

I might have to look into the dedicated Bluetooth speakers if using the phones does not work

Ummmm.....OK , I just looked at the settings and these cheap phones are set up for portable hotspot , running Android 4.4.2

So can a phone receive a YouTube music stream on my Home WiFi and then send it out on the phones portable hotspot ?-

The Hotspot setting is for tethering the CDMA EV-DO connection (become a WiFi hotspot and share the EV-DO Data Connection to other WiFi devices)

But the phones should have a plain WiFi setting that allows you to connect to your home WiFi Access Point (SSID)