Hidemyass

MZurf

I'm looking at several VPN alternatives and it seems Hidemyass is a strong contender. Anyone out there with experience using this service in Thailand? If it helps I have a basic 3BB connection.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816623-anyone-using-vpn/?p=9294862&hl=%22hide+my+ass%22

Based on positive reviews here on ThaiVisa in a variety of threads over the years, I went with HMA ~ 1 year ago. It works well for me - I just renewed during the 50% off promotion - and I use it on 3BB/FTTx/50x10 and 3BB/DSL/15x1, on multiple PCs, tablets and android phones. I could run it in my router Asus RT N-16, but do not currently.

I'm not intending to use the VPN for anything illegal. I just get more paranoid as I get oldertongue.png

Seriously though, I see the use of a VPN as a plus for privacy concerns as well as for watching content that cannot be shown outside a certain geographical area.

I have used overplay for years, they have a great SMART DNS feature that helps improve speed with geo locked streaming sites. I have noticed thier actual VPN not performing as well lately on my 3BB 30 MB fiber connection. I thought about trying HMA also but love overplay for the SMART DNS feature.

I'm not intending to use the VPN for anything illegal. I just get more paranoid as I get oldertongue.png

Seriously though, I see the use of a VPN as a plus for privacy concerns as well as for watching content that cannot be shown outside a certain geographical area.

Tunnelbear which was a recommendation here. But only 1.5 GB free per month so no good for iplayers etc

Zenmate premium which is being offered to me at 42 Euro Annual as well

See link. This might help. I personally use HMA, but the linked site goes for ExpressVPN. https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/15400/5-best-vpn-providers-for-2015/

I find VPN's a bit slow for downloading BBC iPlayer, but I don't know if that is the International gateway bottleneck that is the problem.

For iPlayer, I find unblock.us is faster. They offer a free trial.

I use ipvanish and all I can say is, try the free service first, I didn't then found out that the uk national lottery can spot a vpn so I still can't access it whilst abroad.

www.intl-alliance.com

they offer residential IP address in any country. You will be able to access anything that's only allowed for your home country. Its 50$ per month though. It's the only one offering it in the entire world, i have about 30 accounts there for customers so its legit.