Bangkok returns the world’s sixth best city for visitors this year

Lite Beer

Bangkok returns the world’s sixth best city for visitors this year

11-7-2558-15-35-06-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- World's influential travel magazine Travel & Leisure has ranked Bangkok the sixth best city in the world for visitors in its latest World's Best Awards 2015.

In its World’s Best Cities category, Bangkok was given 88.91 scores while coming on top of the 10 best cities is Kyoto, Japan at 91.22 scores. Ranked second and third among the world’s top 10 are Charleston, South Carolina (89.84 scores) and Siem Reap, Cambodia (89.57 scores).

However for best cities in Asia, Bangkok was moved to third place after Kyoto,Japan (91.22 scores) and Siem Reap Cambodia (89.57 scores).

Bangkok Post reported that the travel magazine asked its readers to judge destinations based on factors including culture, food, friendliness, shopping and landmarks.

Bangkok was popular with readers for its bustle, street food, and blend of ancient culture and modern luxury. Visits to serene temples and river tours were seen as must-do experiences.

Phuket was also listed by the world’s leading travel magazine on third place in best islands in Asia category, with 79.22 scores after Bali ( 88.98 scores) and Maldives(88.53 scores).

Bangkok had been ranked on top of best city in the world in the surveys by the magazine from 2010 to 2013. It lost to Kyoto in 2014 survey when it was rocked by political unrest.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkok-returns-the-worlds-sixth-best-city-for-visitors-this-year

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-11

Wow more bad news for the Thai bashers------ Oh no I forgot.......its all part of the great Thai goverment plot................blink.png

And world wide---CNN (also in the great plot with Mastercard ) have just released the predicted 2015 figures ---which put BKK even further up the list----

London is predicted to be the most frequented destination by travelers this year, according to the MasterCard Global Destinations Cities Index published on Wednesday, with 18.82 million visitors expected to spend time in the city in 2015.

The U.K. capital has topped the Index in five out of seven years, except 2012 and 2013, when Bangkok held the lead position. This year, Bangkok is forecast to welcome 18.24 million travelers, putting it in second place.

HOLIDAY%20CHART_0.jpg

For me it's always been the best city to visit. I stay in a very central four-star hotel for about $65 with incredibly good service which is something I could not find anywhere else in the world. So I think the classification is fully justified.

For the first time visitor, it's a very interesting place to visit, a unique town the likes of which are not to be found anywhere. The costs for a hotel, transportation, food, entertainment, while quickly getting higher, are still reasonable compared with most places. Many aspects are fairly convenient such as transport and various attractions. Many places have a casual and relaxed vibe suitable for holidays, which is more than you can say for most cities. As much as I dislike Bangkok, after having lived there for 10 years, I'd say I'm not and never surprised it continues to rate well as a tourist destination.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman

New York City government publishes reliable statistics that reflect that New York City gets well over 50 million tourists per year. This TanL survey an stats are fictitious.

You do realise that the survey stats refer to International visitors whereas your figures, I do believe, include domestic visitorswhistling.gif

http://www.nycgo.com/articles/nyc-statistics-page

"Phuket was also listed by the world’s leading travel magazine on third place in best islands in Asia category, with 79.22 scores after Bali ( 88.98 scores) and Maldives(88.53 scores)."

but was not in Top10 overall in the World - as the scores show for the 3 above Phuket is WAY AFTER Bali and Maldives ... Think its cause the other Places actually have clean beaches, sunbeds and no harassment from e.g. Jetski psychoes, Police and ignorant vendors ...

Wonder how Death Island did ... ?