Is Thailand terrible failure in education system?

Just read an article from below link and being a little worried:

As I would like to have my child educated in international school in Chiangmai or Bangkok in the future, however, in my opinion, Thai people looks a little bit lazy and not have enough responsibility, I dont mean to offend them. Maybe it's not a good choice to choose Thailand, right? Now I'm living in Chiangmai, are the international schools in BKK better than CM in all aspects?

Can anyone who has experience dealing with the children education in Thailand share the truth with me?

After teaching in thailand at one of the best gov schools and at assumption an sarasas choold i have chosen thsy my kids would be bettrt off getting home schooled until they are old enough to travel to another country to learn. Thailand schools are not good for independent or critical or creative thinking. They are mostly lectured and told never to question a teachers lesson. Even things such as art and science are copied without thought.or creativity

no its not a failure, though there are failings.

there are some excellent people here who have developed thinking skills despite the education system. having a parent that cares ought be enough, just the occasional demonstration of logical thinking, generating ideas and scoring those ideas on feasability etc. and the importance of thinking for ones self.

most countries have a system of propaganda for trying to convince the young of certain ideals

a simple case of questioning everything will do far more good than chopping and changing countries

there are also cases where those from low income families in thailand have excelled - or at least obtained a good degree and standard of education

wrt lazy and responsibility I guess it is more a cultural thing, if this is the case then the only way to understand things is to have a reference point, this culture being as good as any other, then comparison with other cutlures - the filtering out of sameness occurs natrually while the differences become highlighted.

as a rule thais are not lazy, I have seen em working very long hours to keep up with a dictator of a boss, doing all hours of the days work since the boss arrives early and leaves late ( despite that boss being all but totally incompetatnt and the only promising qualities being longevity at the company - I guess it demonstrates some sticking power if nothing else) they ain't really lazy, with hours of work similar to those of korea but probably less effective working hours.