Work permit based on self-employment (freelance)

So called Freelancer is a very gray area right now. Digital nomads, internet bloggers etc. I doubt you will find any good precedents about getting some sort of valid work permit approved. If looking for something that will allow you a good visa to stay in country for extended periods, you might look into the Elite Visa. That can certainly get you a 5 year Visa. There is quite a bit of doubt as to what working as a free lancer really means and if work permit regulations apply. (I am presuming some sort of internet work is what you have in mind).

To get a work permit you must be employed by an Thai entity with 2 million baht capital and four Thai employes per alien.

This can be be halved if you have Thai family.

No, there is no "freelance" work-permit and visa.

Any lawyers who can advise in this topic?

Answered here many times in the "ask the Lawyer forum"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/734606-freelance-work/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732632-possible-to-legally-freelance-online-in-thailand/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/733057-i-need-advice-on-ensuring-my-stay-in-thailand-is-legal/

I've heard that there are possibilities to that. Would be thankful to get answer from someone who knows about this topic for sure.

Any lawyers who can advise in this topic?

Loads, just get out your wallet and pay one.

So called Freelancer is a very gray area right now. Digital nomads, internet bloggers etc. I doubt you will find any good precedents about getting some sort of valid work permit approved. If looking for something that will allow you a good visa to stay in country for extended periods, you might look into the Elite Visa. That can certainly get you a 5 year Visa. There is quite a bit of doubt as to what working as a free lancer really means and if work permit regulations apply. (I am presuming some sort of internet work is what you have in mind).

Elite Visa definitely does not allow any working so it is useless in this case.

Elite Visa definitely does not allow any working so it is useless in this case.

On the visa itself no, but isn't there something in literature which talks about facilitating a WP ?

Not gray in the least there is no "freelancer" Visa or WP simple