South Pattaya Condo Manager charged with Animal Cruelty Offences

webfact

South Pattaya Condo Manager charged with Animal Cruelty Offences

dog-31.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Sunday Night, a case of alleged animal cruelty, was dealt with by Police at a Condominium in South Pattaya but the Army became involved the following day as they judged the incident was not dealt with in the correct manner.

The incident occurred at the Pattaya City Condominium on the South Pattaya Road where residents have made numerous complaints to the Management Office regarding stray dogs and the problems associated with them.

Khun Tawat aged 50 is the Manager of the complex and is alleged, along with 8 foreign laborers, to have beaten a stray dog with a wooden stick as witnessed by members of the public who called the Police.

Police arrived but decided to take no further action as the dog was taken to a nearby vets for emergency treatment thanks to a Bangkok-based Animal Charity who were notified and promised to pay for all medical expenses for the injured dog.

On Monday Morning, following complaints from members of the public, who were angry at the lack of action taken against Khun Tawat by Police. A contingent of Army personnel, accompanied by Pattaya Police, revisited the condominium complex and requested Khun Tawat accompany them to Pattaya Police Station.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/203188/south-pattaya-condo-manager-charged-with-animal-cruelty-offences/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-14

So the Army is destroying all credibility of the Police.

And we, the public, are supposed to respect the Police ?

That was happening this time last year.

Things getting done.

Indeed the army gets things done.. the police only gets of their ass if there is money in it for them.

That was happening this time last year.

Things getting done.

Indeed the army gets things done.. the police only gets of their ass if there is money in it for them.

It may sound funny coming from an ex bar owner but I can't really complain about the army's presence whilst I was there and still open.

(ok the coup hurt).

:)

Cruelty is unacceptable, but stray dogs are a menace in many ways and should all be rounded up and either sterilized or destroyed. There are simply too many to be rehomed so a bit of tough love is required. Which civilised western tourist destination would tolerate this?

According to the charity police were not aware of such a law and even when reps of charity showed it to them they still had no clue.

But then sadly police have little knowledge about any laws , including road rules ;)

So a stick was not enough? He also brought alone not 1 but 8 other idiots to help with beating 1 dog?

I guess easier to be tough with 8 people around you.

Funny enough I watched the clip filmed by channel 3 and this big balls was acting and talking tough.

And the cherry on top is a huge amulet around the neck

Who is this 'we' you talk of?

The police lost the respect of the Thai public a long time ago, as to foreign residents they likely arrived with a healthy respect for police in general and had it sullied.

If I were to be the Boss of Bosses in this here land I would have the BIB rounding up stray dogs (and the associated kee) in the mornings and picking up trash in the afternoons.

Pretty much all they are good for and would help to solve a couple of pretty big problems here in the LOS.

Cruelty is unacceptable, but stray dogs are a menace in many ways and should all be rounded up and either sterilized or destroyed. There are simply too many to be rehomed so a bit of tough love is required. Which civilised western tourist destination would tolerate this?

Round them up and send them to places where they are considered good food, just like chicken....Ohh wait they tried that before.....

Round them up and send them to places where they are considered good food, just like chicken....Ohh wait they tried that before.....

So the solution is?

OK, admit it - how many of us have taken a stick with us when we walk down the street or ride a push bike to DEFEND ourselves from these wild animals? I remember NUMEROUS attacks from these soi dogs and it is one of the biggest deciding factors for me leaving Thailand.

How many of us know someone who has been bitten (or have been bitten YOURSELVES) then having to suffer the expense of the painful shots?

I can't see anybody supporting cruelty to these animals and I believe we all agree that if Thailand can afford submarines, then they can afford a comprehensive, HUMANE animal control program of absolute sterilization.

And FERCHRISSAKE STOP FEEDING THESE BEASTS!!!

OK, admit it - how many of us have taken a stick with us when we walk down the street or ride a push bike to DEFEND ourselves from these wild animals? I remember NUMEROUS attacks from these soi dogs and it is one of the biggest deciding factors for me leaving Thailand.

How many of us know someone who has been bitten (or have been bitten YOURSELVES) then having to suffer the expense of the painful shots?

I can't see anybody supporting cruelty to these animals and I believe we all agree that if Thailand can afford submarines, then they can afford a comprehensive, HUMANE animal control program of absolute sterilization.

I have NEVER taken a stick with me because of dogs.

HUMANS are far more dangerous, especially in a country where the law is not upheld.

I have NEVER been bitten and I do not know anyone who has.

I agree with you about a sterilization programme.

Stop feeding them? So they get even more hungry and then what do you think they will do? Ask yourself what YOU would do!!!!!!!

You let dogs make you relocate to a different country.

That's just mad. crazy.gif

However, cruelty and neglect of animals still occur daily throughout the world. The approach of the holiday season sees many animal welfare organizations get an influx of dogs and cats brought in to be put to death during this time. Healthy, happy animals belonging to Muslims are also brought in to be put to death.

Edited by petercool
edited tiny type font

However, cruelty and neglect of animals still occur daily throughout the world. The approach of the holiday season sees many animal welfare organizations get an influx of dogs and cats brought in to be put to death during this time. Healthy, happy animals belonging to Muslims are also brought in to be put to death.

Wish that last year I could have found a vet that would put my poor dog to death. Went to 4 or 5 vets none would do it. In the end she died a painful death of kidney failure.

I doubt its common that they put animals to death as I had so much trouble finding a vet who would do it.

You let dogs make you relocate to a different country.

That's just mad. crazy.gif

There is one thing to carry a stick (which I do on occasions, carrying it within reach on my motor bike) to ward off dogs, but it is another thing to beat one half to death. And in this instance by several brave men. The dog in the photo probably is so traumatized it can't stand. Whoever has seen a soi dog sit around so close to strangers like that. Its like a stunned mullet.

We all know what needs to be done to rid us of the soi dog problem, but it wont be done, so live with it. This is Thailand, not USA, not UK, not Australia, not Europe. Many other under-developed countries have these issues. I have lived with the problem for 30 years, but I'm not leaving Thailand because of it.

I actually worry that if persons are given the responsibility of putting stray dogs down, who is going to be the regulator or provide oversight ? I suspect through frustration with such a job of catching dogs and putting them down, cruelty will creep in.

Edited by Mot Dang

How do you get rid of stray dogs in this country? no dog pound only temples!

The local authorities normally deal with stray dogs. Near my house, South of Pattaya, I saw a group of workers stunning and rounding up strays on the beach after complaints by locals. Great stuff as they were really causing problems.

The biggest danger for me is during the breeding season where they often just run out onto the road into the path of a motorbike. I've been down once because of this. The other danger is when I'm out riding my bicycle and after one of them start a whole pack joins in. This humane "weapon" works to distract them most of the time.

A sonic/ultrasonic "gun" with 2 sound settings.

post-192685-1436853389014_thumb.jpg