South Pattaya Condo Manager charged with Animal Cruelty Offences

webfact

The biggest danger for me is during the breeding season where they often just run out onto the road into the path of a motorbike. I've been down once because of this. The other danger is when I'm out riding my bicycle and after one of them start a whole pack joins in. This humane "weapon" works to distract them most of the time.

A sonic/ultrasonic "gun" with 2 sound settings.

$33.00 Australian on EBay, from the UK. Just looked it up. Called Defender STV632 Mega Sonic Scatter-Cat Gun

I'm getting one to see what it is like. Bit big for the wife's hand bag though. Thanks, watso63, good one.

Police arrived but decided to take no further action as the dog was taken to a nearby vets for emergency treatment thanks to a Bangkok-based Animal Charity who were notified and promised to pay for all medical expenses for the injured dog.

for sure if nobody is going to pay the bill, nobody will give a damm or a bath for that dog or any street dog....!

to me ....thais dont care about animals they just let them reproduce them again and again.... infintetly... until the probleme is so big that some people have to take a drastic position.

in my village nobody complain...they just give venenous and the problem is solve without violence and nobody knows who....did it! end of the story

coffee1.gif

I hope the book gets thrown at this Khun <deleted> and made a public example to exhibit that extreme animal cruelty is never acceptable under any circumstances.

The 'book' in this case is up to 2 years in prison and/or 40,000 Baht fine based on the new animal welfare law. Thailawforum

8 foreign workers beat dog with sticks and surely animal cruelty. They forgot they were in Thailand and were just looking for dinner. Thailand will only go down by letting these low life people in the country!

Like to beat him with a stick.

tosser.

oh really? so why don't you do that?

sure it's more easy to threaten to somebody anonymously... especially if you know that he is not even gonna read it.

"residents have made numerous complaints to the Management Office regarding stray dogs and the problems associated with them."

"On Monday Morning, following complaints from members of the public, who were angry at the lack of action taken against Khun Tawat by Police"

may be society should decide what's more important?

the life of one human being worth more than any number of dogs or cats.

all this "anti animal cruelty laws" is nonsense. humans, as any other biological species, should protect only it's own species, and not others. any attempts to spread human morality to animals are nothing else but manifestations of neurosis of pet-owners who subconsciously consider their dogs and cats there children (because they don''t have real ones).

I have even seen the police kick a dog to get out the way.

And I have been in Thailand for 16 years and have NEVER seen anyone act rough against any animal.

Wow, are you sure whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Some People just kick soi dogs just to get them out of the way.

This is all day long in Thailand. I don't like soi dogs but I don't kick them for no

other reason than to get out the way.

However, cruelty and neglect of animals still occur daily throughout the world. The approach of the holiday season sees many animal welfare organizations get an influx of dogs and cats brought in to be put to death during this time. Healthy, happy animals belonging to Muslims are also brought in to be put to death.

Wish that last year I could have found a vet that would put my poor dog to death. Went to 4 or 5 vets none would do it. In the end she died a painful death of kidney failure.

I doubt its common that they put animals to death as I had so much trouble finding a vet who would do it.

The Vet in South Pattaya has taken 3 dogs off of me and put them to sleep during my time in Pattaya, two had cancer and the last one suffered badly after losing a leg with a disease that rotted her flesh on her other leg, very sad as I couldn't of coped with watching them die in pain.

sad.png

I have even seen the police kick a dog to get out the way.

And I have been in Thailand for 16 years and have NEVER seen anyone act rough against any animal.

Haven't seen it much but as said saw a copper ride past a dog just sitting on the corner and kick it out of the way and have seen a few getting hit with sticks.

Probably heard it more.

Like to beat him with a stick.

tosser.

oh really? so why don't you do that?

sure it's more easy to threaten to somebody anonymously... especially if you know that he is not even gonna read it.

"residents have made numerous complaints to the Management Office regarding stray dogs and the problems associated with them."

"On Monday Morning, following complaints from members of the public, who were angry at the lack of action taken against Khun Tawat by Police"

may be society should decide what's more important?

the life of one human being worth more than any number of dogs or cats.

all this "anti animal cruelty laws" is nonsense. humans, as any other biological species, should protect only it's own species, and not others. any attempts to spread human morality to animals are nothing else but manifestations of neurosis of pet-owners who subconsciously consider their dogs and cats there children (because they don''t have real ones).

I don't know TimmyT maybe he's a Thai Visa member?

"the life of one human being worth more than any number of dogs or cats."

That depends on the human being surely?

"all this "anti animal cruelty laws" is nonsense. humans, as any other biological species, should protect only it's own species, and not others. any attempts to spread human morality to animals are nothing else but manifestations of neurosis of pet-owners who subconsciously consider their dogs and cats there children (because they don''t have real ones)."

What a ridiculous thing to say.

rolleyes.gif

Police arrived but decided to take no further action as the dog was taken to a nearby vets for emergency treatment thanks to a Bangkok-based Animal Charity who were notified and promised to pay for all medical expenses for the injured dog.

He should have to pay the vet bills...

A bit funny......some posters would like to stone the manager or hit him with a stick or maybe even worse; all because of an abused stray-dog. Isn't that the world upside down?

Yeah, yeah, I know dogs can't defend themselves and need to be protected, but please see the things in a right perspective here.

So the Army is destroying all credibility of the Police.

And we, the public, are supposed to respect the Police ?

Did we ever do this? Do they deserve?

It's good the army is taking an eye on them, should be made routine

Btw where were the army in Koh Tao?

Edited by sweatalot

Cruelty is unacceptable, but stray dogs are a menace in many ways and should all be rounded up and either sterilized or destroyed. There are simply too many to be rehomed so a bit of tough love is required. Which civilised western tourist destination would tolerate this?

OK, admit it - how many of us have taken a stick with us when we walk down the street or ride a push bike to DEFEND ourselves from these wild animals? I remember NUMEROUS attacks from these soi dogs and it is one of the biggest deciding factors for me leaving Thailand.

How many of us know someone who has been bitten (or have been bitten YOURSELVES) then having to suffer the expense of the painful shots?

I can't see anybody supporting cruelty to these animals and I believe we all agree that if Thailand can afford submarines, then they can afford a comprehensive, HUMANE animal control program of absolute sterilization.

And FERCHRISSAKE STOP FEEDING THESE BEASTS!!!

I have NEVER taken a stick with me because of dogs.

HUMANS are far more dangerous, especially in a country where the law is not upheld.

I have NEVER been bitten and I do not know anyone who has.

I agree with you about a sterilization programme.

Stop feeding them? So they get even more hungry and then what do you think they will do? Ask yourself what YOU would do!!!!!!!

Well if you're going to feed them at least pick up the resultant poo.

The Vet in South Pattaya has taken 3 dogs off of me and put them to sleep during my time in Pattaya, two had cancer and the last one suffered badly after losing a leg with a disease that rotted her flesh on her other leg, very sad as I couldn't of coped with watching them die in pain.

sad.png

The Vet? There are lots of them. So which one are you talking about?

sounds like the dog had been attacking or harassing people, hopefully it wont be any more, and what are the options anyway, people need to get in and out of their residences without being bitten

The proper channel is to report problematic dogs to The Veterinary Section at Public Health on Soi Buakhaw. Report could also be made to City Hall North Pattaya Road.

I have found them to be most helpful.

sad.png

The Vet? There are lots of them. So which one are you talking about?

Pattaya Veterinary hospital.

Near the old Duck Sq.

:)

I am human. the master of the Earth. and I would fight for my right to kill any animal I wish (which is not someone else private property and is not part of wild nature)

What is your point?

sounds like the dog had been attacking or harassing people, hopefully it wont be any more, and what are the options anyway, people need to get in and out of their residences without being bitten

The proper channel is to report problematic dogs to The Veterinary Section at Public Health on Soi Buakhaw. Report could also be made to City Hall North Pattaya Road.

Phone number please?

Phone number please?

No idea...I always make personal visits to these kind of places as there is often a form to fill in.

Also my Thai on the phone is nowhere near as good as it is face to face.

And what do you think happens if you report on the phone? They hang up and it's forgotten.

Put it in their face and make them fill in a form and you might get something done which has been the case each time I've tried.