Criminal Police Check & Non-B's to teach ?

Okay you want proof of being refused a Non-B for teachers in Government schools for NOT having a Police Criminal History Check from Vientiane. Please see what is on the wall at the Consulate there !!!

I am posting this out of pure frustration with TV. My previous comments to this were not replied to & them down graded to 2nd hand hearsay.

post-205916-0-44633200-1436850700_thumb.

Sorry I don't know about WP3 but the document heading reads " Non-Immigrant B - Teaching in a Government School" then showing the criteria list with #5 being "Police Clearance Document" This was above the counter in Vientiane Consulate on the 6th July. On that day one of my teaching colleagues was travelling with others that were refused a Non-B due to not having it. No if's buts or maybe's on that day.

It can be had in a couple of days from there. Please read between the lines.

Sorry but reading between the lines didn't help those that did get refused a Non-B as nobody informed anybody about actually enforcing this apparently already existing requirement on that day & several other days after that. Apparently since the 6th some were asked on this day & not on another day. So very typical of the system here.

Also just thinking do we know if the RTP can check a persons criminal history in say Oz, USA, UK ??? If they can't then the document is not worth anything. Why? Well if a person had been charged for being a Pedophile in Thailand they would be in prison & then deported.......Yes or No ?

It is a known fact that pedophiles that have been charged & served prison time in their home countries come to SEA to simply continue being filthy tamperers. So if the Government really wants to stop them a Criminal History Clearance from a persons home country is the only way...........Otherwise it is just BS & retarded !!!

IMOP everyone here on Non-B to work, Non-O to retire or Marry should have to have clearance from their home country as well........Pedophiles get pensions too you know !!!

The police clearance document is meant to be from your home country, and has "technically" been a requirement since I first came to teach here 5 years ago.

Which is why I mucked around getting one, which in NZ can take upto 3 months. However, I've never actually been asked for it in the 5 years I've been here.

But yeah, it's always been a requirement, just never enforced (until now I guess).

P

Our staff told me that you can still obtain a police clearance in Bangkok.

This information may be out of date as it's info I saved from a previous TV post several years ago.

Police Clearance Service Center (Sub-Division 2, General Staff Division, Special Branch Bureau)
Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays), from 08.30 am . – 04.30 pm. without lunch break.

The Police Clearance Service Center is located at Building 24, Royal Thai Police Headquarters, Rama I, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Phone number: 0-2205-2168-9

Directions
The best way to get to the Royal Thai Police Headquarters is by taking BTS to Siam Square station. The entrance is located on Rama I Rd, halfway between Henry Dunant and Ratchadamri Rds.

Documents required (foreign applicant)
1) Passport with two photocopies of first page and two of the current visa page
2) Document(s) certify that the applicant is working, used to work, or is residing in Thailand (Non-Imm B or job offer should be enough)

Notes
No charge for the Police certificate itself. They will fingerprint you and take your picture while there. If you want the certificate mailed to you, you’ll have to pay a fee for postage. Otherwise, you can pick up the certificate in about 2 weeks.

The police clearance document is meant to be from your home country, and has "technically" been a requirement since I first came to teach here 5 years ago.

Which is why I mucked around getting one, which in NZ can take upto 3 months. However, I've never actually been asked for it in the 5 years I've been here.

But yeah, it's always been a requirement, just never enforced (until now I guess).

P

If you have lived in Thailand for over 6 months, a check done here will suffice.

@Expat Brad. It is up to you and not TV or its members to supply you with details about what documentation is required in order to get any type of visa,extension or anything else to do with Thai immigration policies and procedures. Some people on here are very dependable when it comes to their opinions, but in the end it really is yours, and yours alone responsibility.

I'm teaching at a private school now but they requested me to submit a police clearance as well

for them to get the documents from Ministry of Education that I needed to apply for a Non-B for

teaching.

I must go back to my country if I need a police clearance but didn't have time to do so at that time

so I went to the Headquarters of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok to get a Thai police clearance

last December. And then I went up to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane to apply for a Non-B for teaching

and obtained it no problem.

What I had to do to get a Thai Police Clearance was just go to the Headquarter with your passport

and a letter that was addressed to the Headquarter of The Royal Thai Police and pay 100B for it. I

didn't take the letter with me there but called my school and had them fax it to the Headquarter no

problem. Here is one thing you should bear in mind: It took me 1 month to get it and I wasn't even

allowed to get it mailed to me so I had to go back there again to get it.

My younger brother has recently come over here and has landed a good teaching job and soon be going for his Non-b, however, he has a caution on his record from the UK from last year. It was a silly thing, got into a bit of a scuffle with some lads, but anyway got cautioned. Will this stop him from getting the clearance needed to get the Non-B. Or are they just checking for specific things? Also a friend told us he can get the check from Bangkok rather than contacting police at home. What does that mean? They'll just check if he has a record here in Thailand or they will contact the UK police for him and check? Please help as we can't find anything!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Archived