Work permit medical cert still 200 baht anywhere?

2008bangkok

I have to renew my work permit and the docs i always used have upped there prices from 200 to 900 baht.

Anybody recently got the certificate for 200 baht and if so what docs did they use, im not stingy by any means but if i can save 700 baht for no reason i will do.

100 baht at Dr. Ben on Naklua Rd last week.

Thanks for that, can you give me an idea where it is if im on my Bike coming from the park up nakula road, what the place looks like, nearest soi and he on left or shiv side

Thanks

If you are on Naklua Rd heading North (coming from Dolphin Circle) it is on the right hand side. Not sure of nearest soi but it is past Soi 18. Look for the green cross and "Dr. Ben". The office door has office hours that don't start until late afternoon (maybe when the Dr. is actually there) but the clinic is open and the receptionist or someone else can give the certificate.

• 1 month later...

The foodland on Klang - walk out the front, turn right, and straight away there is a clinic there. 100 baht, and they do not even trouble you for bnlood test of check up. Takes about 2 minutes.

Is that kind of certificate accepted by the Labour Office? I thought you had to go to the hospital now and get the blood tests etc?

The foodland on Klang - walk out the front, turn right, and straight away there is a clinic there. 100 baht, and they do not even trouble you for bnlood test of check up. Takes about 2 minutes.

Is that kind of certificate accepted by the Labour Office? I thought you had to go to the hospital now and get the blood tests etc?

Yes. My lawyer sent me there and then straight to the labour office in Sriratcha where the work permits are issued.

Edited by Rimmer
Dangerous comment removed

Yes. My lawyer sent me there and then straight to the labour office in Sriratcha where the work permits are issued.

Thanks for your reply, boldface. Was that recently? How much did you pay in the clinic and do you happen to know their opening hours? Do you know why a blood test was not required?

Many thanks in advance.

MF

I did it at Memorial last year.

Lab Investigation and Pathology: 790

Other Medical Charge: 150

Physician Evaluation and Management Services: 100

Check-up: 150

Total: 1190

Same thing up-country a few months before in a private hospital.

Lab Investigation and Pathology: 100

Other Medical Charge: 60

Outpatient Care: 150

Total: 310

That's right! A difference of 880 baht. There's no way I'm going to Memorial again. I want to try Pattaya City hospital tomorrow but it looks like they had some serious flooding there this evening so maybe I'll just go up North on the bus and get it done. All inclusive, same price as those Memorial gangsters.

The sickening thing is that there is absolutely no mention of a blood test requirement on the W.P. 5 Renewal requirements document in either Thai or English so what are we even doing it for???

I went to Pattaya City hospital today. Registered as a new patient just to get the Medical Cert for the Work Permit. Then, they told me I would be hit with a 500ThB service charge.

Me: "For what?"

Staff: "Because you are a foreigner."

Me: "Does the 500ThB include the cost of the medical cert etc?"

Staff: "No, pay more."

Me: "I have lived and worked here for 8 years. I pay tax every month. Why should I pay a service charge?"

Staff: Because you are a foreigner. Order from Pattaya City Hall."

Me: "Corrupt mafia bastards".

A nicer staff member quietly told me that Pattaya City hospital is not a real government hospital. It is 50:50, hence the service charge for foreigners. Easy pickings. They also told me to go to Bang Lamung and use my Prakarn Sankom (Social Security Card).

So, next time you have to pay a 500ThB service charge at Pattaya City hospital, you can thank Mr. Ittipol Khunpluem. His father is/was a gangster. Looks like apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.