NRC member claims two parties working to oust Thai govt

webfact

LMAO. We've all seen the red-shirts 'million people'. 10,000 at best - and only if there are free busses and parties when they get there.

These people follow whoever has the money and that's it. The only one with that kind of influence and funding is Mr T.

Sure he is getting desperate : it's odd's on now that he will die in a hospital surrounded by Arabs, but even he will have learned that his brute-force corruption and cronyism will not work in the modern world of social media etc.

Having said that, he would gladly send thousands of red-shirts to their deaths if he thought he could get back to Thailand and regain his power. And they will do it too because they all still believe he will make them rich as a reward. The ethics go no deeper than that. I have seen nothing in the last 10 years which makes me believe otherwise.

If the Junta are still in power after 2016, the weight of intelligent opinion from the decent people in Thailand will force elections from the Junta by peaceful demonstrations. I'm certain of that.

"...whom he refused to identify, were preparing to mobilise up to a million people to descend on Bangkok to overthrow the government..."

My God, where do these people come from...and these are the people running the country...scary...very scary.

The thing is although this is simply PR guff, the fact is this is precisely how this current military government will lose power. How do I know? Because it is a cycle that is repeated endlessly in Thailand. The military take over and get a liking for the immeasurable wealth and power that controlling a country without any permitted opposition brings. They can't let go. Eventually the political parties use their main weapons, a financial war chest and millions of supporters. The money pays for the buses, the daily allowance, the stages, etc. that will cater for the Bangkok demos. The military fume and rant and draw up battle plans until one day usually in the late afternoon or evening, they emerge from their barracks and shoot at anything they see, killing hundreds. The bodies are removed, the streets are cleared, the military denies the number killed, an interim govt. is appointed within a few weeks leading to elections in a year or two and the cycle begins over.

I may be wrong, but...if you don't have facts to prove it or you don't say names (and have facts to prove it)...isn't that "spreading rumors" and fear mongering and isn't that punishable with 12 years in prison due to the computer crime act or some other ridiculous laws?

Just asking!

The thing is although this is simply PR guff, the fact is this is precisely how this current military government will lose power. How do I know? Because it is a cycle that is repeated endlessly in Thailand. The military take over and get a liking for the immeasurable wealth and power that controlling a country without any permitted opposition brings. They can't let go. Eventually the political parties use their main weapons, a financial war chest and millions of supporters. The money pays for the buses, the daily allowance, the stages, etc. that will cater for the Bangkok demos. The military fume and rant and draw up battle plans until one day usually in the late afternoon or evening, they emerge from their barracks and shoot at anything they see, killing hundreds. The bodies are removed, the streets are cleared, the military denies the number killed, an interim govt. is appointed within a few weeks leading to elections in a year or two and the cycle begins over.

I was under the impression that the current PM is a civilian and has been for quite some time

LMAO. We've all seen the red-shirts 'million people'. 10,000 at best - and only if there are free busses and parties when they get there.

These people follow whoever has the money and that's it. The only one with that kind of influence and funding is Mr T.

Sure he is getting desperate : it's odd's on now that he will die in a hospital surrounded by Arabs, but even he will have learned that his brute-force corruption and cronyism will not work in the modern world of social media etc.

Having said that, he would gladly send thousands of red-shirts to their deaths if he thought he could get back to Thailand and regain his power. And they will do it too because they all still believe he will make them rich as a reward. The ethics go no deeper than that. I have seen nothing in the last 10 years which makes me believe otherwise.

If the Junta are still in power after 2016, the weight of intelligent opinion from the decent people in Thailand will force elections from the Junta by peaceful demonstrations. I'm certain of that.

"If the junta are still in power after 2016, the weight of intelligent opinion from the decent people in Thailand will force elections from the Junta by peaceful demonstrations. I'm certain of that." political (Peaceful or not) demonstrations are illegal now, remember the 14 students? and they are judged as Peaceful...

Yo EJ, I believe the Junta have already said they will be in power until 2017, when previously stated it would hold elections in late 2016, this keeps being revised though, I'd like to know just whom do you think are the "intelligent opinions from the decent people in Thailand" are? Could they be a certain masquerading monk calling for the kidnapping of politicians and the threats of safety of their family's? whom BTW gave the ok to shoot at protesters, and latter claimed that they just ran into the bullets, or is it his followers that cut power supply to government buildings then forced out staff and ransacked the offices? or the people that blockaded poling stations? and that beat and bashed any one that wished to cast their legal right to vote regardless of age or gender? or do you mean the ones throwing grenades at police? Clearly there are intelligent and decent people on the opposing factions just as there are trouble makers that incite violence, the issue is that regardless of which side of the political fence one sit's it only the "intelligent and decent people of Thailand" that condemn violence from any side, unfortunate many are so bias in their opinions and see justification in their actions. Remember a man by the of Gandhi, and he accomplished his objective peacefully.

I heard from a reliable anonymous source that a rumor was being spread on social media that social media spreads rumors from anonymous reliable sources. The junta obviously psychically read this post yesterday, and are retroactively having a precognition event.

I heard from a reliable anonymous source that a rumor was being spread on social media that social media spreads rumors from anonymous reliable sources. The junta obviously psychically read this post yesterday, and are retroactively having a precognition event.

"An interesting attempt trying to turn white into black – mix facts with inventions to obfuscate and cover up a screw-up of almost epic proportions by inventing a conspiracy that wasn’t there."

Nick Nostitz

This is called factoring fear, you make the people scared of what not exist, and soon you can have them eating out of your hands.

Very popular in America,I believe.

regards Worgeordie

Worked in Greece but only scared the politicians. The people that voted NO were again marginalized. They suffer more indignities while the politicians collect their paycheck.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

The Chalerm doctrine lives on " I know what's happening, I know who is responsible but I'm not saying anymore at this time. "

oh, I think that he learned that trick from the generals... they've been at this much longer than Chalerm...

I was under the impression that the current PM is a civilian and has been for quite some time

I hereby nominate you for the "Super Twister of the Year" award.

NRC member General Thawatchai Samutsakorn, who was a former commander of Army Region 2, alleged that the two political parties, whom he refused to identify, were preparing to mobilise up to a million people to descend on Bangkok to overthrow the government.

refused to identify... yeah, right.

For those wondering, this guy was in charge of region 2 which is Isaan...

Coincidence? Maybe....

on a different note, I wonder what his net worth is... NRC needed to declare assets or not? whistling.gif

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Face it dear General, er PM, you set the standard. Lesson of last coup was "skip elections, go straight to coup". See, the people can learn! Last government had plenty of flaws, but democracies have to evolve, and one aspect of that is called "elections". If you don't allow legitimate will of the people to be expressed, sooner or later you will pay for that. What you don't allow by peaceful evolution will later erupt in violent revolution.