Two arrested off Phuket with 25,000 ya bah pills

webfact

Two arrested off Phuket with 25,000 ya bah pills
Eakkapop Thongtub

1437036867_1-org.jpg
Sopon and Paisan were arrested after police received a tip-off that someone would be picking up drugs in the Moo Baan Bangphat of Phang Nga.

PHUKET: -- Two men were arrested at a Phang Nga police checkpoint yesterday afternoon when they were found to have 25,816 methamphetamine pills (ya bah) hidden in their vehicle.

At 3pm, Phang Nga police chief, Lt Gen Chalit Kaewyarat, held a press conference to announce the arrest of 37-year-old Sopon Suwanarat and 40-year-old Paisan Ratmanee both from Surat Thani. The two had been stopped at the checkpoint and whilst searching their vehicle police found 22 packages containing the 25,816 ya bah pills.

The arrest of Sopon and Paisan came after police received a tip-off that drugs were to be delivered to someone in Moo Baan Bangphat in the Baiteoy sub-district of Phang Nga, and that the person picking up the drugs would then deliver them to a dealer in Surat Thani.

Having received the tip-off police set up a check point near the area and stopped and checked suspicious vehicles that came out of Moo Baan Bangphat.

Sopon told police he owed someone B50,000 he lost at gambling and that he agreed to pick up and deliver the drugs to a dealer in the Khiansa district of Surat Thani to pay off the debt.

“The creditor and I made a deal that if I done this for him I wouldnʼt have to pay back the money.

“I asked Paisan to come along with me and told him we were going to gamble in Surat Thani. He had no idea we were transporting drugs.” Sopon said.

Sopon and Paisan are being held at Phang Nga Police Station and are to be charged with possession of a Category 1 drug with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-arrested-off-phuket-with-25-000-ya-bah-pills-53232.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-07-16

If only they were police chiefs they could have calmly and clearly stated who they were and avoided the unpleasantness of arrest.

There are basically 2 ways to avoid arrest in Thailand.

1. Be the police chief.

2. Don't not be the police chief.

As it stands, if 200 yaba pills = 50 yrs in pokey

25,000 pills = 600 years.

Edited by Manbing

If only they were police chiefs they could have calmly and clearly stated who they were and avoided the unpleasantness of arrest.

There are basically 2 ways to avoid arrest in Thailand.

1. Be the police chief.

2. Don't not be the police chief.

As it stands, if 200 yaba pills = 50 yrs in pokey

25,000 pills = 600 years.

Not commenting on anything else you said but your math is way off. If 200 * x = 50. Then 25000 * x = 6250. Very basic arithmetic.

On a general note: so many drug related busts makes me really nervous about the huge drug problem in this part of the world. Sad.