Attacked, mugged something

sillyboybangkok

So before I write please don't slate me and say I got what I deserved after reading my story about last night because we all make mistakes.

Last night I went out for quite a few beers toured Nana & Soi Cowboy the evening was great I had just left Baccara and that's where my memory gets hazy, I think I was making my way home and maybe was trying to get a taxi from the bottom of Soi Cowboy at about 2am.

I live quite far from Sukhumvit and getting a taxi home is always a mission, so I probably was trying to cross the road and try to get one from the other side of the road, but I say this it's only speculation as I don't have a clear memory.

One thing I do remember at the time is hurting my head bad! Then the dream/nightmare was over and I woke up in my bed at 8am this morning with a massive gash on my forehead, severely grazed palms of my hands & a sort of burn come grazed elbow.

And to top it off I bought a new phone yesterday and now I don't have it. I do still have my wallet with all my cash and cards so not a total loss.

I checked on my computer this morning and my phone was around Sukhumvit 21 and I was thinking I have a pay monthly sim in it with a high credit limit and I did not want to expose myself to more cost so I bit the bullet and called true to suspend the sim card but doing that means I can't track my phone.

I never usually have any problems when I go out and am a friendly, these things do happen every minute but when it happens to you I brings it home to me how dangerous the world is.

I think going to the police would be a waste of time because I don't remember what happened?

So 2am would of been closing time around there and maybe somebody on Thaivisa saw what happened?(a long shot I know)

Edited by sillyboybangkok

I agree, turn your phone back on so you can find it. It wasn't stolen, you lost it. You got drunk on your ass, did a header onto your face, and you weren't robbed as your wallet is still there.

You need some serious help from AA with a blackout happening...

I agree, turn your phone back on so you can find it. It wasn't stolen, you lost it. You got drunk on your ass, did a header onto your face, and weren't robbed as your wallet is still there.

You need some serious help from AA with a blackout happening...

Too late now to reactivate the sim i got a new sim d already and don't you think it's a possibility I got concussion and forgot what happened? Edited by sillyboybangkok

There were exceptions - like the time i didn't get down to Soi Bangla until I had 8 beer under my belt all bloody ready.. that sucked..

By 11pm I had 14 beer - a record for me that will never be broken - then skulked over to Mcdonalds for about 3 double filet of fish - and home James

BURP

Another time I got home from Bangla Road (The Phuket version of Walking Street ) at 3:59 am precisely - the wife stayed at her sisters that night - she came home with eggs at 10 AM..yummy

Christ - that day was a write-off too

clap2.gif

I haven't had a beer in a year

if I can get this F'king line outthumbsup.gif I'll go fishing

Kinda hard for the person who found your phone to call you ...

Phone was locked with my fingerprint so they cannot call me.

Er, uhm, no …. they can't call you because you don't have your phone.

That is why, in my earlier post, I suggested you call your phone.

Hangover's are a bitch, huh?

Sorry for the OP's misfortune, however, I think this is a story many on this forum can relate to. Bumps, bruises, lost phones or forgetting where you are staying are common occurrences when walking around like a three legged monkey in the early hours of the morning in and around the Sukhumvit entertainment areas. biggrin.png

I would go to the hospital if I were you and get checked out.

Your posts don't seem that rational but then again not

sure how you were before the head injury.

And I am not making a joke, not uncommon for people to die days after a head injury

from brain swelling, bleeding or clot and that looks like a serious enough gash and

swelling to get checked out as well as stitched closed to avoid a scar.

Your priorities seem all mixed up ... was your phone worth more

than your simm credits? What in the world do you want to tell police in a less developed

foreign country.. that you got drunk bumped your head and lost your phone, can you please check

the cameras to see what else I may have been up to?

Sharing what should be an embarrassing moment with all here including pictures in what you say is

a motive to help with your confusion of events.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE OKAY!

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

It's also not uncommon for people to fall when they are drunk and have black outs because of the alcohol (not because of the fall) and lose their telephones, being in a state of alcohol intoxication XL.

These people often suffer the day after from something known as a hangover, a condition where it's also not uncommon to feel tense and paranoid (did I get mugged?), especially when a blackout was involved.

I was drinking in front of a bottle shop several months ago. And an acquaintance invited me to join his table for a few beers. Twice I caught him filling his glass out of my large bottles, and I just kind of looked at him with puzzlement. They were getting ready to close anyway. So I got up, and was about 20 feet from the table, and this guy has long arms and swatted my glass about 10 feet. It broke into 20 pieces. The owner's son came out and told me that I had to pay 150 THB for breaking the 20 THB beer glass. I told them I didn't break it, and hinted at the other guy to tell them who broke it, or look at their CCTV. He said it didn't matter, they had given me the glass and I was responsible. I basically said I wasn't paying, and they could call the cops if they chose. He said you no pay; can't come back. I thought the guy was kind of a dick anyway, so I just said fine and shrugged. Meanwhile the drunk Aussie can't even get out of his chair, he is so wasted, and the business was now closing as it was midnight, and the pressure had been on them to be fully closed by then. I had been there 25 times, without incident, and always left without being asked to. So I think by now the owner figured out she had shot herself in the foot, but I didn't really care, but I was kind of pissed at the guy, because I hadn't been banned from a bar or even cut off in 30 years+. So I make it home fine and don't look back, apparently the drunk had a difficult time making it the 200 meters to his apartment. I run into another guy a few weeks later, and he says "XXXX says that he woke up with a black eye and thinks you punched him in the head after an argument." So not only is the guy a thief and a bad drinker; he is also a liar, because not only do I not get booted from bars; I don't punch people, either, as much as he deserved it. But the guy clearly fits the same M.O.. Good riddance on acquaintances like that, and good for the guy/girl/ or ladyboy who punched him.

Edited by bangmai

Thanks for these posts. Confirms that I am missing nothing as a sober drunk who had the sense to acknowledge defeat. When I look back I am grateful for a number of things: no one has ever had to tell me about anything I ever did or said since I quit and I know where I am in the morning and know how I got there and who I am with! I really don't miss the sheer unpredictability of what might have happened when I got pissed - that became very scary and in fact eventually led to me staying home and getting pissed, it was easier and safer. SO again thanks for bringing me back to that strange abnormal world in which I spent an awful lot of time and money.