Buying curtain brackets in Hang Dong or in the City

sunoco27

Baan and Beyond also have stock.....that`s behind Airport Plaza when coming from town. Some places just have the rod type curtain holders, whereas B&B have the retractable type curtain rails, the ones that have a string to open and close the curtain which is hung on runners.....

Hard to explain really. Like the old cinema theatre curtains, how they opened smile.png

There's a large curtain shop opposite Makro on the Hang Dong road and if they don't have what you want there's HomePro, Baan & Beyond, Global House and virtually every DIY and homewares store in the area. Bit like asking where a 7-11 is, really wink.png .

Incidentally, the curtain shop opposite Makro does very good alterations for excellent prices too.

the retractable type curtain rails, the ones that have a string to open and close the curtain which is hung on runners.....

Hard to explain really. Like the old cinema theatre curtains, how they opened smile.png

Cord operated. And why is it that out of 8 cord operated curtains at home, every single time I go to open or close I choose the wrong cord? Every single time.

(Or so it seems.)

the retractable type curtain rails, the ones that have a string to open and close the curtain which is hung on runners.....

Cord operated. And why is it that out of 8 cord operated curtains at home, every single time I go to open or close I choose the wrong cord? Every single time.

(Or so it seems.)

If they were installed correctly you just have to pick the cord that is higher.

You can always even up the cords but it is a bit of a pain.

(Or so it seems.)

If they were installed correctly you just have to pick the cord that is higher.

You can always even up the cords but it is a bit of a pain.

No can do - they're a loop rather than 2 separate cords..

The ones we have are on a pulley type system and arent free hanging at the loop end. Its sprung loaded so the cord stays tight. I straightened the cords so that the cord nearest the curtain closes and the one furthest opens the curtain. Took me a while to figure that out! But in reality it was simple....now I know that I'll always grab the correct cord. And yeah it use to annoy the crap outta me always picking the wrong on before.

• 1 month later...