Best Baht to USD$ exchange in Bangkok

Donald1

Superrich, as mentioned above, and about 1,000 other times. Vasu on Sukhumvit near Soi 7 is another. Search function usually works reasonably well. Another factor is travel cost etc. not going to do much good to get an extra satang, and spend 300 baht on a taxi

Edited by beechguy

Another factor is travel cost etc. not going to do much good to get an extra satang, and spend 300 baht on a taxi

Yes, for the USD the best money changers (Superrich, SIA Money Exchange, VASU) come very close (inverse rates from 33.95 to 34.18 today).

50000 Baht is 1472 USD at Superrich and 1456 USD at Bangkok Bank (my reference).

So do the math.

http://daytodaydata.net/

Edited by KhunBENQ

One time I checked out the spread on the US Dollar at Superich. If you changed 100 USD into baht and then immediately changed back into USD you would have lost 5 baht (from 100 USD).

The spread does vary but is still very tight and can't be matched by the banks.

But if you want clean 100 USD notes there is a premium of about 5 baht per note.

We should have a forum to match people who want to buy and sell currencies. I would give you a better exchange rate than superrich because I've got dollars and I want baht.

Great idea taking dollars from a complete stranger who uses a false name on Thaivisa. You don't hang around Sukhumvit Soi 13 at night, do you?

Superrich...they have a booth at Asoke now.

...but they don't sell foreign currency at those premises, they only buy.

And that makes VASU at the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 much more convenient for many people.

VASU's rates - just now - are better than Superrich. 34.18 to buy a dollar at VASU, 34.19 to buy at Superrich.