Restaurant and food recommendations Koh Phiphi

Foodie89

Dear Foodies,

I’ll be starting my trip to Thailand soon. And for this I am doing some research about good foods, and restaurant’s I should really try in the towns that I visit. To me, delicious food is a big part of my travel experience. Hopefully you guys can recommend me some delicious stuff, restaurants, or experiences that I should try.

In this topic, I would like to do some research about Koh Phiphi. I will be staying on the main island / town. If you guys can recommend me some restaurants and foods I should really try, that would be really helpful!

I am doing this research, cause I want to avoid the “tourist traps”. That’s why I’m looking for places, that even the locals would go to, cuz they know it’s that good. I’m looking for foods and restaurant’s I shouldn’t miss while in Koh Phangan. As I said, food to me is a big part of my travel experience, so all your tips would be helpful!

Looking for meals / restaurants in the budget to mid-range section.

Best wishes,
Chef

Be advised that all Thai parks, including Koh Phi Phi, have, a special treat for you not available to the Thais. Thais pay an entrance fee of 40 baht. You, of white skin, have the privilege of paying 10x as much, or 400 baht.

So don't be shocked when you fall victim to the discrimination.

Avoinding tourist traps and yet going to Phi Phi Don Village? There's a contradiction! Phi Phi Don Village is a dump. You do not want to go there for exquisite cuisine, no way. It's backpacker hell get your bucket of cheap booze and a laughing gas balloon, watch out for the DDT drinks that are suppose to make you hallucinate, but might just kill you instead. So bail on Phi-Phi unless going to outer parts where I'm sure some of the higher end resorts have quality chefs.

Jump the next boat to Ao Nang. Chef Umberto at Ali Sea resort next to Pakasai has a good restaurant. Seafood on the wharf in Krabi Town. Then off to Koh Lanta. Joyce at Red Snapper is the bomb, outstanding food. Again seafood on the creaking pier restaurants Saladan Town, a must.

Thats all I can think of now, go to the Krabi Forum, restaurants and you'll see some things, but get the heck out of Phi-Phi Don as soon as possible, waste of time unless you're 19-25 Euro looking for a good time "The Beach Movie" stylie.