Just got a Tab S; what do I use it for?

I agree with the posters above. For any long trips you take or just reading in bed at night, it's going to be much nicer than reading off your phone as I do. Also, if you happen to download torrents for your TV/Movies this is a fantastic device for watching video when traveling and the battery life on these devices is usually pretty good.

For me personally, as I like to keep things simple, my next phone will be a Samsung Note 5, a compromise, so I will only have to carry one device. I'll also have an external battery for extended use. When I travel to Issan on the bus I watch videos on an iPad and read on my phone. It sure makes the trip a lot easier.

And for many things you might want to do it can certainly replace a more bulky or cumbersome laptop. It's a perfect device to use for browsing the internet. If you prefer to type on a more normal keyboard then maybe you can get one of those roll up rubber USB keyboards, though the one I had once wasn't very good.

The ability to have two browsers open side by side is great for research as you can copy and paste between browsers or search for a flight on one and a hotel on the other.

The combination of the amoled screen and the ability to take a 128gb micro sd card means that you can take of your movies with you and enjoy watch them in crystal clear clarity thanks to oled technology.On my last trip to thailand I loaded around 15 movies for the journey from the uk and back.

Edited by raphoedon

What kind of person buys something, THEN wonders what to do with it? ... and when the answer isn't immediately obvious contemplates selling it while the receipt is still hot from the printer?

If I answered that question ... I'd get a warning from the mods.

Incredible.

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

I am working on an app that will allow you translate english to thai for android. I am using it to help me learn thai. Works great on an s tab. I am still finishing up. It will be released in approximately 2 weeks. If you want a pre release you need to meet me in pathumthani, nawankorn near utea.

The ability to have two browsers open side by side is great for research as you can copy and paste between browsers or search for a flight on one and a hotel on the other.

The combination of the amoled screen and the ability to take a 128gb micro sd card means that you can take of your movies with you and enjoy watch them in crystal clear clarity thanks to oled technology.On my last trip to thailand I loaded around 15 movies for the journey from the uk and back.

Dear god...get a life.

Dear god...get a life.

Something wrong with using the internet or watching movies?

I had a 10.5 inch Samsung Tab S before i lost it. The main use is to surf the internet and it is cabable of multi-tasking with ease. Also a great feature is the split screen up to 3 screens at the same time. As already mention you can download movies and thousands of music tracks and if you choose free mp3.downloads you can even listen to music without wi-fi. Also correctly you have the great ability to add an external sim up to 128mb to expand from the 16gb internal memory which with Samsung the operating system uses around 7.6 mb used to be 9gb but after complaints Samsung took out another upgrade which freed up an extra 1.5gb to use. My uk sim free 10.5 inch version cost £399 new from Amazon in uk but now a lot cheaper 1 year on but still probably one of the best tablets around and it is very thin and light weight for its size.

I know u have the 8 inch version and i am sure you will like it. Dont sell it is my advice. Have a nice day.

I thought of buying a Tab S. I really did. When I am travelling I still use a laptop, but during the daytime if I am out and about and need to do stuff, then the laptop is just too heavy to want to throw in the daybag. I was going to buy the Tab S 8.4 and then I thought about the Tab 4 as it would be even easier to carry. So what did I do? I bought a Note 3.

If it is a good tablet then take it with a glass of water. It may level out your brain that you do not need to come online and ask a stupid question. I could suggest something to do with it that involves the tablet and your rectum

re

what are some good uses for the tablet?

i use my tab s for watching you tube mp4s of

wanting qu , popu lady , girls generation and

the lovely thai girls neko jump

ohhh and the internet and :)

dave2

post-42592-0-24283400-1437357680_thumb.j

post-42592-0-38749400-1437357705_thumb.j

post-42592-0-14490300-1437357738_thumb.j

What size? 10.5" 8.4?

3G? WiFi only?

What kinds of things do you like to do?

Generally speaking, a tablet provides portability, more surface area (than a smartphone) and accessibility.

Internet, video/audio/radio streaming, news, video playback, books/magazines/comics/periodicals (reading, audio), games, travel, maps, navigation, social media, chat, text, VoIP, email, photos...

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of benefits with a bigger screen. Many websites are ways more usable on an 8" screen, where you want to see clearly what you're doing such as travel booking websites. I also find the audio quality way better on my three year old iPad mini than on the current smartphones and it's my first choice as an mp3 player. Watching videos is great on that size screen, and also as an eReader it's excellent.

My smartphone is better in many ways but the tablet still has plenty of plus points.

Lots of benefits with a bigger screen. Many websites are ways more usable on an 8" screen, where you want to see clearly what you're doing such as travel booking websites. I also find the audio quality way better on my three year old iPad mini than on the current smartphones and it's my first choice as an mp3 player. Watching videos is great on that size screen, and also as an eReader it's excellent.

My smartphone is better in many ways but the tablet still has plenty of plus points.

Okay okay okay.

Have an Onda 792, it's collecting dust, it's crap, hope for you the Tab S is better.

Well my 5 year old son have now started watching U-tube cartoons on it so we are getting some use out of it after sitting idle for app 2years.

I might buy a 8" at some stage, I think the 10" are too big lugging around.

It all depends of your situation, do you having any use for one? I use Kindle e-book readers for books, they last over 2 weeks on one charge but can't be used for much else.

What kind of person buys something, THEN wonders what to do with it? ... and when the answer isn't immediately obvious contemplates selling it while the receipt is still hot from the printer?

If I answered that question ... I'd get a warning from the mods.

Incredible.

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

solid point, it was however a gift. I wouldn't have purchased it for myself! I am trying to find an online radio statio that works in Thailand, I am really sad that I cannot get Pandora to work on this device. Any similar alternatives that work in Thailand?