Chilli Farms

Hi All,

I have heard from my thai friends that there are many chilli farms in Kanchanaburri. I was hoping to visit some of these farms soon. If anyone knows the location of any of the farms that farm thai or even jalepenos, please post here for this crazy fan of the hot stuff to visit and know more about.

Thanks

Fly

If you find anything else than Thai chili I should be very surprised but also interested. I can't grow Jalapeno or Habanero. I have also driven around Kanchanaburi a fair bit and didn't see any chili being cultivated.

I did find two chilli farms along the way to Kanchanaburri last weekend. Both farms were by the roadside growing Bird chilli (Prik-kee-noo). The weather is too hot these days so there isn't enough water and chilli isn't producing as well, but i see the rains have begun to pour and when I was in Sangkhlaburri, the water started to fill up the empty lake from the rains pouring overnight.

The smaller producers also rotate the farms. So sometimes its chilli, sometimes it sugarcane etc.

I have the habanero seeds coming in from US soon and If i do manage to grow them well, I will update you guys.

• 3 months later...

Try growing prikeegnoo under your bananas or manao. Inbetween the rows of lager trees is my meaning. The dont like full sun. Burns the shit out of them. We had success in between the rubber trees. Planted 5000. Babied them watered them , but the ones that did the best were the ones we just scattered seeds around . Dont ask why. Treat em meen keep em keen maybe