Thai Nationality For Child

Dear All

I am married to a thai national wife and we have a child. All of us are domiciled in Singapore,but my wife still maintains her Thai nationality.My child is a Singaporean national, born in Singapore and we have not claimed any Thai citizenship for him. I understand that my child is entitled to claim Thai nationality. I have some queries which I hope that you could all provide some answers.

1) My child has previously travelled to thailand on a Singapore passport. Would he still be entitled to claim Thai citizenship?

2) Would the child lose the right to claim Thai citizenship he he doesn't do so by a specific age limit or can he be entitled to claim thai citizenshup at any time he desires. E.g. twenty years down the road,he wishes to claim thai nationality.

Thank you all for your kind asistance. :o

small problem though, Singapore strictly forbids dual nationality. They are pretty strict on it too I am told. A friend of mine, Singapore national is eligible for Australian citizenship, but can't as he will be forced to relinquish his Sing PP.

small problem though, Singapore strictly forbids dual nationality. They are pretty strict on it too I am told. A friend of mine, Singapore national is eligible for Australian citizenship, but can't as he will be forced to relinquish his Sing PP.

That is very true Samran ( same with Malaysia ) If either learn that you are claiming they'll act against the passport holder.