Internet Speeds in CR

WannabeOne

How fast / reliable are internet speeds, currently? Can anyone give me an idea of prices, as well?

I had, if I recall correctly, a 10 megabit connection that cost 1000 B per month, back in 2012? This was in Pattaya.

Just curious as to how reliable and costly it is in CR.

Thanks,

I use 3BB in Fang. It is 10Mbps & costs B590/mth. For personal usage only, enough - no downloading of movies or playing games. I would look at TRUE & AIS also. AIS has just introduced a better deal than 3BB.

Theprices are the same all through Thailand, only varies with company and the speed you require.

Fibre optic cable connections are the best but more expensive.

Google the companies like TOT, CAT, 3BB etc and check what suits you.

I pay 900 baht or so for a 10/1 connection that includes a decent TV package from True. I've found the internet to be very reliable - I need it to be for my work, and it hasn't let me down yet. The further you get out of town though, the worse it's going to be. If you need a connection good enough for faster downloads and reliable video streaming, best to stick to the city or bigger towns.

While location is often a limiting factor it does not always correlate exactly to distance from town. I live 55 km from Chiang Rai and 12 from the nearest town but have an excellent connection at 13 Mbps. Lost TV reception today during a storm but the internet didn’t fluctuate at all. I just happen to have a good line of sight to a wifi tower in the next village.

Archived