Thai govt to stay until 2017: Official

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good. Better than any others there have been since Thaksin first came to power.

Meanwhile the nation's economy is imploding in a way unlike any government since Thaksin first came to power and the country is being led by an egomaniac that media around the world regards as (their words, not mine) "a twerp".

Still, new submarines are inevitably on the way.

At least with the submarines there will be hulks of rusting metal to see eventually, better than tonnes of rotting rice which will be unusable and disposed of if it's stored much longer, right? lol

And I don't think it's just Thailand's economy which is currently imploding, so it's hard to blame that on this current "Government", after all, they're still cleaning up the mess that Thaksin left behind.

I wonder how many of the 28 million households will read the 300 page document? That's even more paper wasted than in a Government office.

Yeah, 28,000,000 x 300 pages = lots and lots of trees ... hope they're using recycled paper for this (maybe they could use old copies of the previous constitution(s) that were shredded) ...

Good. Better than any others there have been since Thaksin first came to power.

Meanwhile the nation's economy is imploding in a way unlike any government since Thaksin first came to power and the country is being led by an egomaniac that media around the world regards as (their words, not mine) "a twerp".

Still, new submarines are inevitably on the way.

At least the Thai economy is doing much better than in Greece and China. Count your blessings. ;-)

And the Fat Lady has not even landed at Swampy yet !

Yes the USD has done rather well over the last 15 months. Perhaps you could tell us which currencies it hasn't appreciated against, or even which have fared better than the THB?

You are singing to the choir, I know all that and often make the same point.

However, the fact remains that the Thai baht has been remarkably STRONG relatively speaking, and now is showing signs it can no longer put up the good fight.

I do see it in the 34.00 - 34.50 range for a while, and then a test of 35.

Since I live here, and was smart enough to "keep my power dry" in holding my USD for 5 years, pardon me, but I do get to gloat a bit.

I smell something funny here ... is that the perfume of sour grapes?

Edited by Guest

NO way!!!! I can't believe it!

Hang in there Prayuth. Don't let the haters get you down bro!

Bro? Prayut isn't black and i don't suppose you are even remotely related to him.

Oh my .. a bit touchy today are we?

Lighten up bro, that is a very common phrase in 2015 ...

Disgraceful

There not fooling anybody the people have a right to vote... They sieze power and then dictate terms to the public..

Oh well who cares this country will never be properly aligned. They want to milk it

:)

Bro? Prayut isn't black and i don't suppose you are even remotely related to him.

Not if you have been anywhere near a school but on the street maybe. I am not your bro, save that for the cotton plantation

Edited by soalbundy

Not if you have been anywhere near a school but on the street maybe. I am not your bro, save that for the cotton plantation

Yes, of course .. the cotton plantation.

This whole thing is entirely off topic and you have no sense of humor.

Relax ... Sir ...

Apparently the junta requires more time to line their pockets with money in this period of declining economic activity. At their age, I doubt the future success of the country is what occupies their minds, but instead what wealth can they accumulate to ensure that they and their family are able to overcome any hardships that the general populace may face.

Or perhaps I am wrong... perhaps the junta are equating a constitution with laws? A constitution is not to hard to draw up... it should not take more than a couple of nights. Just pick one from any civilized country as a template. Voilà!

And your evidence is??

Think your name describes your brain.

Evidence that there will always be a critic. Seriously, put ten shool-age kids in a room, and I bet they could come up with a constitution within a day (based on those available from other SUCCESSFUL countries).

Any significant delay in coming up with a constitution in Thailand speaks volumes of the incompetence of the people running the government.

Defend that!

I wonder how many of the 28 million households will read the 300 page document? That's even more paper wasted than in a Government office.

They could always print it on toilet paper. That way, the people (that is, those who have money to waste) can read it slowly each time they visit the restroom.

They could always print it on toilet paper. That way, the people (that is, those who have money to waste) can read it slowly each time they visit the restroom.

and put it to good use.

Yes the USD has done rather well over the last 15 months. Perhaps you could tell us which currencies it hasn't appreciated against, or even which have fared better than the THB?

Saudi Riyal, Chinese Remembi, Hong Kong Dollar

You are singing to the choir, I know all that and often make the same point.

However, the fact remains that the Thai baht has been remarkably STRONG relatively speaking, and now is showing signs it can no longer put up the good fight.

I do see it in the 34.00 - 34.50 range for a while, and then a test of 35.

Since I live here, and was smart enough to "keep my power dry" in holding my USD for 5 years, pardon me, but I do get to gloat a bit.

I smell something funny here ... is that the perfume of sour grapes?

Never make the assumption that you are 'smart'. Your view of yourself may not be the same as viewed by another person.

My $0.02.

P.S. Sorry that's not much money.