Looking for Nissan NV (Automatic) Queen Cab. Is LPG any good?

Can anyone here direct me to find a used Nissan NV with Queen Cab and automatic in excellent condition?

I do not know much about them but I am assuming if I find one, if it is converted to LPG, that is a bad thing.

I think a non converted one would be better. With LPG, I was told the engine does not get the oil it needs for lubrication.

I live in Chiang Mai

Thank you.

I have not seen any for sale for a long time.

Typically it's the small car dealers, on the roads leading out of CM, that have them.

Just a few tips:

On a test drive, do a U-turn (not difficult to find in CM!). If it make clicking noises in the front, the steering balls (are they called that?) needs to be changed. A set cost 4,500 Baht.

Listen to the engine at idle. If it makes rattling noise, you have to get a new camshaft chain. Price 8,500 Baht

It's no problem, because Nissan have the spare parts, but it's a good reason to get a discount.

There has been a number of discussions on TV about LPG/NGV; and I'm not going to start a new one. Up to you!.

I'm am no expert on lpg systems but I do know that some of the better ones have an auto lubrication system.

Steering balls: the noise you decribe is actually nothing to do with the steering, its caused by worn joints in the drive shaft. Only necessary to replace the side that clicks when turning sharp in that direction. The joint can be replaced but its usual to just fit a complete drive shaft.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Nissan Queen Cap (automatic gear) for sale today. It's 15 years old and the price is 135,000 Baht.

It looks nice both inside and outside, but it has driven 330,000 km.

I asked if the engine and gearbox had been renovated, but she did not understand the question.

The dealer is on third ring road, and I think it's worth to try it out. At least for reference; and if interested, offer max. 110,000 Baht.

Here is a picture of the car and GPS coordinates of the dealer:

post-218338-0-62661200-1439184535_thumb.

post-218338-0-91294300-1439184591_thumb.