srilanka!

zazeel

thinking about going to srilanka on one of my re-entry permits.....

just wondering if anyone has been there and got recommendations for a week long beach stay. dont mind biggish resorts but would like some atmosphere and good places to eat.

and is it best to book flights on line

or go through a travel agent

if a travel agent is best....any recommendations for one in chiang mai....preferably close to night market side of town...

and is it possible to get package deals...on line or through an agent?

If you've got the time, do the research yourself. I seriously doubt you'll find a travel agent who's been to Sri Lanka. Get a guide book, do a bit of reading, hit trip advisor, search numerous sites for the best air fare, and go! Problems may well arise, but that's all part of the experience. LOL

I spent about 9 months there working and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I spent all my time in Colombo. I did really enjoy the Taj there, relatively cheap, great location, excellent food. I took my wife up to Kandy to see the famous temple there, the drive was "adventurous" but the trip was beautiful and worthwhile. Just watch out for the drivers, they have a genetic predisposition to pass anything anywhere anytime.

Sri Lanka is beautiful and I highly recommend going. Find out which side of the island is currently in the rainy season and choose your beach accordingly.

Galle and southward area are nice for the Western Side or drive over to the Eastern side for Aragum Bay for great surfing.